GSI for not yet supported treble phones [2020/06/14]

Yes, I think so. By the way, the buildbot is building for all 6 variantes. One after one. So it’s better you will remove the lines with unwanted variant

Do you know what variant FP3 is?

No, sorry… … best asking in fp forum

Is an a/b device,…

The build finished, but I only see one .img file:

When I look at the FP3 instructions, there are:

system system.img
boot boot.img
vendor vendor.img
dtbo dtbo.img
product product.img
vbmeta vbmeta.img

The file I created is probably system.img, what about the rest?

vbmeta you can get from here https://ecloud.global/s/z2Tpgez8FfacnaQ
and GSI is only a system.img.

The vbmeta is for disable verified boot. The needed command I can give you when back at home

The vendor. partition has to stay original.

Here you will find everything I’m using [HOWTO] install eOS GSI on a Treble device

1 Like

For information: in UBUNTU 18.04.04LTS the build of ONE GSI needs 11 hours on my 2011 iMAC. On the same machine the build auf ONE GSI wirh Mint 19.3 was finished after 5 1/2 hours. That means Mint needs the half time as Ubuntu !!!
And the same result I have had with normal rom builds.That’s crazy

Did you do a clean build? Like starting from 0? Otherwise could be due to the remains of the previous build…?

Complete fresh Mint install.

for me if i install a new distro i still keep the build directories, that is why i ask :smiley:

No, because I want test the difference between Ubuntu and Mint. Before installed Ubuntu I have had Mint on the iMac, but a python2 and 3 mix and the GSI builds always failing. So I have tried with Ubuntu18 and it was working fine. Than I have format the hd and installed the same with plain Mint19 and the result was: Mint is much better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Video calls and voip calls don’t work. The other part can hear me but i can’t. (Like whatsapp calls, Jami, Jitsi, anything). Is this a general problem in this gsi version?

Yeah, no replies or any help as usual.

No one is working on GSI. It’s not on the actual todo list.

I was hoping someone who is using this GSI could tell me if this is a general issue on the rom or not

Hi all, see here OS Upgrade - Volunteer Testers Required - Next Set of Devices for OS Upgrade
I was wondering, does anyone here have general experience (so non-/e/) with developing these GSI builds for treble phones and flashing them? Does it work well?

I have just created a new set of GSI.

You will find all versions here https://ecloud.global/s/t7cXPa8PdMCp89J

As far as I can say, all e-apps are available in that builts. But I can’t say for sure, because I don’t use a device with standard eOS.

4 Likes

I’m using Phie’s version (2 months old) and happy with it, after a few tweaks.
Is there any advantage on using this one instead?
Thanks for your work :+1:

Not really. The only real change is the security patch. It’s from june.
If your system running you can stay with it. You know the good old IT phrase: ‘never change a running system’ :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll follow your advice :yum: