[GSI] Q-GSI --- new version download location. See post 73

The failure must be due to me and my A3 2017. Havoc-OS ASOP GSI Treble image also boots with bootloop. So far only unofficial LOS 17.1 works

GSI? ?? Really? My LeOS is based on Los17.1

in this list the A3 is an a/b device ?!?!?!

As far as I can see on XDA, you should use b-GSI

@harvey186,
First I flashed the current stock Aandroid 8, then TWRP 3.3.1-0.

According to Treble Check my A320FL is not suitable for TreblePproject. See the two screenshots below.

After preparing the partitions under OS LOS 17.1 my A320FL is now an A-Only arm64 Device and “Treble ready”.

However the specifications differ from each other. What is your assessment?

Treble check tells me also that my MiMax3 is a a-only device … but I need to flash a/b to get all working.

So I would try a/b version. More as a boot loop wont happen

Hell’s bells! A ‘Treble Checker’ that cannot check properly. There I miss the further words ;-///

@harvey186, your ROM eOS-Q-Full-_arm64_bvS-20201017-.img boots fast and without any obstacles …

I will try it out on two different Xiaomi during this week and report about it briefly.

1 Like

In Getmany we are telling:
Good thing will need time :wink:

Good to hear that it is working for you. :+1:

Yeah, it is all the more gratifying because the Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 SM-A320FL is not officially a ‘Treble Project’ device. Just because bright minds have found a way to adjust the partition structure, GSI ROMs work now. That’s great. Thanks again for your work. I will mention it at every appropriate place.

1 Like

A mistake on my part. Try makes smart. With help of @harvey186 I had to find out, that the Treble Compatibility Checking App ‘Treble Check’ gives wrong information. The A3 2017 SM-A320FL is an A/B Device and works with arm64_bvS images.

@harvey186, I need your advice and your know-how, please - having had some delicate moments with LeOS ‘R’ today. My Xiaomi MI A2 works (now again) with LOS 17.1 + LineageOS Recovery. But my curiosity is bigger than the fear for a device brick.

I want to install your eOS-Q-Full-_arm64_bvS-20201017 exclusively by fastboot. Do I have to delete any partitions before - and if so, which ones?

Always when flashing a new Android version a clean flash is best choice.
So do following:

1. Format data with twrp or with ‘fastboot -w’
  2. Flash GSI with ‘fastboot flash system GSI.img’ (this will erase /system)
  3. On some devices you have to flash vbmeta.img with ‘fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img’
  4. Reboot system
    On bootloop you can try installing permissiver.zip with TWRP install
1 Like

I think you can flash anytime Miui stock rom. So the chance to brick your device is like zerro

1 Like

My Xiaomi MI A2 system didn’t work 100% correctly after today’s flash torture. Therefore I installed Stock Android 10 ‘Q’ as first step.

The second step follows immediately: Tarahh …

eOS-Q-Full-_arm64_bvS-20201017_by_harvey186 - Kopie

Jippie-Ja-Jeh, @harvey186’s 99.99% de-google-d /e/ OS Q-GSI starts quickly on my Xiaomi MI A2 without any complications.

@harvey186, thanks for everything(!)

Nice, always welcome :+1::+1::+1:

17/10 eOS build gsi is working with Samsung A8+! Thanks. Earlier one had sdcard issue. May use it as daily driver.

1 Like

This is my second test with now ‘treblezied’ Galaxy S7 SM-G930F ‘herolte’.@harvey186’s build eOS-Q-Full-_arm64_avS-20201017 booted up with the first start, queried the SIM pin and wirelessly connected to Wi-Fi 802.11ac.

s7g930f_gsi_eOS-Q-Full-_arm64_avS-20201017

s7g930f_gsi_eOS-Q-Full-_arm64avS-20201017

Figure 5 and 6: In Dark Mode the directory name on the microSD card is not recognized because of the font color.

The quirk “only restarting the phone after about 10 minutes” as known from the first test is also present here. What could be the reason for this?

no real treble device which are treblized with patches will often have some issues. My Mi5sPlus for example is randomly rebooting

Yes, that it is due to my hardware configuration is most likely. I know your GSI ROMs by now and know that they work very well on official ‘Treble Project ready’ devices. I will try to make the S7 ready in a different way ‘Treble Project ready’.

1 Like

November, 11th:

• Latest sources
  • latest MicroG version (with traching API)
  • without Setup Wizzard (removed because boot will crash)

Hello @harvey186,

I still have problems with WLAN, today I installed your latest /e/ GSI version.
With the “old” version I also had problems with WLAN, after a few days it didn’t work anymore, even switching it off and on via the icon didn’t bring a solution. A reboot and the WLAN was working again.
Today, after the update, I noticed that the WLAN is supposedly not connected, I connected “manually” to the WLAN network again, but the display came up anyway, not connected, but it worked anyway.
After a restart I have to connect “manually” again, then I get the message that it is not connected, but the connection is still working.

This should be just for your information, I want to use as little WLAN as possible anyway, except when downloading large files and then turn it off again immediately.

Screenshot_20201114-195004_OpenLauncher