Heimdall setup issue

upon installing Heimdall, following their steps that are referred to in the Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 install guide, https://doc.e.foundation/how-tos/install-heimdall , i get the following error message:

CMake Error: The source directory “A:/msys2/home/Rik” does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt. Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

i get this error after entering the command: $ cmake -G “MSYS Makefiles” -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DQt5Widgets_DIR=/c/msys64/mingw64/qt5-static/lib/cmake/Qt5Widgets …

Can anyone help with this…? I’d love to install /e/ on my Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016)!

@Rik, under which platform do you work with Heimdall: Linux, Mac OSX, Windows?

I would prefer using thus guide to install TWRP (root is not needed) and after you have twrp running you can flash e.zip with it
Https://www.getdroidtips.com/twrp-recovery-galaxy-a3-2016/

On linux ubuntu, you can see this link to install last version of heimdall It worked for me…
You can have a try…

By the way, don’t use the latest zip from nighlys. I just have had a long chat with a german A3 users. On his phone the last e-version is drying the batteries and icons are wrong and some more issues

great thanks, I will do this
Rik

thanks for the heads up!

should anyone else come accross this issue, i ended up using Odin to install TWRP, and then from TWRP i installed /e/, this did work fine for me.