Hi from Japan. Lots of help needed

That’s exactly the problem. When I go to add the account it tells me my account isn’t recognised…or the password is wrong…yet I can log into the ecloud online with the password manager so it can’t be that…

It says “login failed. Please check your email and password”

I can login online to my account though, even though I also have this message under the login box online.

For your information you have to enter your full /e/mail address in lowercase (username@e.email for instance).

Are you sure your username (aka email) and password fulfill the requirements ?

Thank you!! That helped. Didn’t realise I couldn’t use capitals Or digits or symbols in my password. Managed to add my account now!! Thank you so much! Just to figure out how to sync our calendars now…

get the Swiftkey keyboard. I am not a big fan because it is Microsoft, but it is just miles better than all the others in terms of typing recognition and prediction. Also big advantage for me (and possibly for you): it supports typing in 2 or more languages at the same time, so without having to switch. Really great if you type much in multiple languages

3 Likes

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

If you want to show your /e/ events in Google Calendar, you may try this :

First, create a subscription link from a share of your calendar, using ecloud.global web site :

Then, in Google Calendar (also web site), add this calendar from copied URL (“+” at right of “Other calendars”) :

Please let me know if it works !

2 Likes

Thank you! Will I be able to see my husband’s events if he adds to that calendar?

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention : it’s a one-way read-only “/e/ to Google” link.
Maybe some experienced users will show a two-way ? :pray:

But you can also include your husband’s Google Calendar to /e/, please allow me some time for testing :wink:

1 Like

Yeah we kind of need to be able to see each others. Well its more me seeing his actually as he goes on business trips and has meetings so need to see dates/times. Would it be easier just to use a different cross platform app?

I’m not aware of a two-way calendar synchronization app, but I’m not a Calendar guru :smirk_cat:
Maybe other will provide you with a app solution, meanwhile we can figure how to get your husband’s appointments :slight_smile:

For web site only (will come back later for phone), read-only one-way :

On Google web site, click three-dots button next to the calendar name, then “sharing” :

Scroll down to “Integrate”, and copy the secret URL (be sure to select the whole URL, with horizontal scroll) :

On /e/ web site, click the + next to “New calendar”, then paste URL :

You may have to wait a couple of minutes, then events appears :

1 Like

For your /e/ phone, we will need an additional app … Anyway this will not give two-way write capabilities :wink:

Go to the Account Manager, then to the settings for your /e/ account :

Then click on your account, then Webcal :

Swipe down as requested, the Google calendar should appear :

Note : the calendar list is being fetched from /e/ cloud, but you can also add some manually :wink:

If you tick the case a left, you will be asked to install ICSX5 :

Please don’t click the link (it won’t work), instead please point your browser to F-Droid and download it :

As the browser is not allowed to install packages, launch Files app and go to Downloads or search for the downloaded package :

Then install it, launch it, wait for repositories to sync, search for ICSx, install it :
No need to launch it at this time.

Go back to Account Manager, tick the case again, allow access to ICSx5 :

Click on the arrow at upper right :

Change the color and the display name as you wish, validate at upper right :

Back to the Account Manager, you should see a “Subscribed successfully” for 1-2 seconds, then refresh using the button et bottom right :

If you open the ICSx5 app, you can choose sync frequency :

You /e/ phone Calendar should now display your husband’s Google Calendar events :

3 Likes

Very nice tutorial @smu44!!

By the way, I have just install official line app from the aurora store, like you did… It gave me the same messages but I disregarded them and pushed through… It actually let me create account and use the downloaded version of line

1 Like

Hope it will help !

Interesting !
I couldn’t get past the error message on my test phone …
I’m wondering : do you use Aurora Services ?

No, I don’t… I installed it in shelter. First cloned Aurora to shelter then installed line from there… I actually don’t know, what is aurora services. But it worked. You just gotta disregard the messages
EDIT: I don’t use Aurora services… It worked fine without

FYI I’m also able to have suggestions in English and French with AnySoftKeyboard, without the need to change any setting.

2 Likes

True AnySoftKeyboard has this function too, but last time I tried it, it was still a bit early in development. Is it usable now on a daily basis?

I’m having a little trouble with the calendars, I think because my husbands events are all in a two way group and the link doesn’t look the same. It has “group” in the URL. Perhaps that is the problem for me.

Edited to add: I used husbands private calendar rather than the group calendar we were using (two way read and write capabilities) and that worked so I can now see his appointments but he is having trouble seeing mine. Not a massive problem since I don’t go many places haha but would be nice to have that feature working.

1 Like

Nice to read you succeeded for the Google calendar :smile_cat:

For the /e/ calendar sharing, did you follow the steps here ?
Does he see any error message ?

Is the calendar missing both on Google web site and his phone ?
Why I’m asking : I wrote about web site, but he may also have to add your /e/ calendar directly in his phone (in a way similar as we must do with /e/ for accessing to the Google calendar).
Unfortunately I can’t get my hands on a Google Android test phone right now …

Under the hood : it appears that for some calendar-hosting providers (not only /e/ and Google), foreign calendars are not propagated to all devices. For example the Google-to-/e/ : you can add the Google on /e/ web site, but you can’t see it on /e/ phone unless you also add it. And it’s the phone which is accessing the Google calendar, /e/ web site won’t propagate (or act as a “gateway” for) the Google calendar.
Hope my garbage is understandable :wink: