Home and back buttons have stopped working

Moto G3 2015 (osprey), /e/ 0.7-2019070515670

Suddenly, for no reason I can figure out, the home and back buttons on my phone have stopped working sometime within the past week or so.

Does anyone know what may have caused this problem?

How do I fix this?

Is this problem indicative of a problem with the Bliss Launcher (version 1.1.0)?

In addition, the manual system update refresh in just the past few days always says there are no new updates found, but I know there are more available. (I am successfully connected to the internet.) I don’t know if this problem is related, but it came about at about the same time.

I have not installed any apps for a very long time.

I don’t know how to diagnose this problem.

If it is happens on all apps it isn’t a bliss issue. Could you try to activate onscreen nav. var via device settings ? And will it work ?

Regarding updates: you have had a look on download page / nightlies ? If there is z newer one, you cam make a update manually by downloading and flashing via twrp

I just get the same trouble today.
It does not seems to be a bliss issue since the buttons do not work in Settings or any apps either.

Some other strange behavior just appear : unable to go the Users settings (nothing appeared) nor Developer options (these options no available for the current owner, which seems to be the owner).

The phone is thus unusable now.

Any ideas ?

Device: peregrine.
Version System: 0.7-2020011737872

Please publish this issue on gitlab and install an earlier version of /e/ for peregrine dev (nougat) Motorola Moto G 4G to pinpoint the problem.

Here is the issue on gitlab https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/management/issues/673.

I fixed it by reinstalling completely TWRP and /e/ (same last version) on the phone before having read your reply.