How to properly use /e/

I am glad to see that /e/ is aimed to help “non-technical” people (like me).

I am concerned about apps doing nefarious things - secretly sending information somewhere, tracking my location, recording sounds, etc.

I understand the intent is that /e/ itself will not be like that.

Once /e/ is out of beta, and people like me use it, looking forward to that time, how would a non-technical person like me know that an app that is available in an appstore isn’t one of these bad apps? Do we just take our chances?

I ask this because the way I look at it, it won’t do me much good to have a phone designed to be secure and private and de-googled if I end up unknowinly installing apps that do all those things that I want to avoid.

So, what should guide the behaviour of us non-technical when using /e/ and considering installing apps?

Related question: When the /e/ appstore is operational, can we be confident that only “good” apps will be in there?

To understand the way /e/ has been designed you can start by going through the page here https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/wiki/en/wikis/faq
On this forum itself we have numerous discussion where the subject of data privacy has been discussed. You can filter those articles and post by clicking on the hamburger button ( three lines on the top right ) and clicking on tags. Choose privacy tag .
On how we will ensure only “good” apps come into the appstore - will have the development team members take up this discussion.