[HOWTO] build eOS in old fashioned way with breakfast -- now with interactive script

I mentioned LineageOS because you could find out if there are any problems with it. If not, good you can build /e/ using those sources. If there are problems yes sell it before unlocking bootloader.

It seems my english is to bad, because I really don’t understand why you are so frustrated.
You never have answered if your device support treble or why don’t you want use the gsi

too late, unfortunately… already unloked bootloader. But I thin I can ‘revert’, I hope :slight_smile:

Ok, i will have a look, i’m done gardening :slight_smile:

It is officially documented, but only for LineageOS supported (now or in the past) devices.

I bought my j5nlte for 75 € (second hand) one year ago. But yes it’s more complicated to have a brand new cheap phone.

FYI I’m running a build for your device now, if it works I will share manifest, and how I did it.

pls, share here also

Build worked, download here pass: lake USE AT OWN RISK. I can’t test the build. I used sources from this build this. The manifest is in @harvey186’s collection :). In the XDA link are some instructions to backup your stock ROM.

thank you to you both @andrelam and @harvey186, for the ROM and the roomservice…
I’ve just downloaded.
Sorry if I bother with a couple of questions:

• Why did you start with the unofficial LOS instead of the official one? It’s because of the version (17.1 Vs 16)?
  • Since I’m not gonna receive any update: I’ll need to re-compile, right. Can I use the @harvey186 script(s)? ( I assume that there is no way to make that version ‘officially’ supported).

TIA
paolo

PS: about the ‘RISK’ [of bricking the phone] is it much higher than fashing official build?

• 16.0 because /e/ is not available for 17.1 at the moment
  • Yes, you need to compile yourself. I used this script to build. Put manifest in /srv/local_manifests and edit vars in the script. You can also use @harvey186’s scripts whatever you like.

I don’t think the RISK is higher. I did a lot of flashing, the only thing I ever broke was the fingerprint scanner, and that happened because I did funky things (repartitioning the ROM, must have overwritten something).

@Manoj can you point out what the terms / procedure are to make ROM’s official?

I’ve tried to build eOS pie for a Xiaomi mi 4c (libra) after reading this topic, which is quite similar to what i’m already doing to build lineage 14.1 and 15.1 for this phone.

Sadly at the very end, when creating system.img, i’m having this issue :

Out of space? The tree size of /home/vince/android/eOS/out/target/product/libra/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_libra-target_files-eng.vince/SYSTEM is 2637352960 bytes (2515 MB), with reserved space of 0 bytes (0 MB).
The max image size for filsystem files is 2013265920 bytes (1920 MB), out of a total partition size of 2013265920 bytes (1920 MB).

I believe system partition is 1920 MB max on this phone. Any idea of a workaround ?

it*s a know issue on a lot of devices. e devs are working in that issue. the only way is for the moment, removing prebuild aps from sources manually or using my 1312.sh script

sorry…

# Allow redirection of stdout to docker logs
############################################
ln -sf /proc/1/fd/1 /var/log/docker.log

…are you using docker?
I thought all was supposed to be done in a ‘normal’ linux box environment.

TIA

paolo

The script is working without docker, but it’s using docker commands

This is a leftover from this I have ported the Dockerfile to shell script. This way the original /e/ scripts are used. I will remove it from the script. @harvey186 I don’t know what you mean with docker commands, its just shell script.

Good idea! I support it!

That I was meaning …

It is correct to use this procedure to install the zip file?

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/lake/install

they recommend the use of a costum recovery from lineageos
Is that correct, or should I use TWRP instead?
It is ok to use recovery from LOS 17 even if the system is build for 16.0?

TIA

paolo

use latest TWRP from http://twrp.me and everything is fine :slight_smile:
go this way:

1. start recovey (TWRP)
  2. Format data
  3. reboot in recovery <<<----- Don’t forget this
  4. wipe system, davlik, cache
  5. push eOS.zip to you device via USB wire
  6. flash eOS with TWRP
  7. reboot
  8. be happy :smiley:

Also tried your How-To. Running “run_once.sh” fails in three packages not found (using ubuntu):

E: Für Paket »libwxgtk3.0-dev« existiert kein Installationskandidat.
E: Für Paket »openjdk-7-jdk« existiert kein Installationskandidat.
E: Für Paket »libwxgtk3.0-dev« existiert kein Installationskandidat.

Where can I get them?