Disable sync of pictures

I just noticed that /e/ is syncing all the pictures I took on my /e/ mobile to ecloud.global.
How can I disable this (unwanted) feature?
Thx.

1 Like

settings > users&accounts > your_account@e.email > account sync > untick pictures&videos :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!
Sorry for my silly question. I am not used to sync settings :blush:. I never had any sync enabled in stock Android.

1 Like

you’re very welcome :smiley:

In stock android with Google there’s a lot of items automatically set to sync (contacts, calendar, drive, keep, photos, docs, chrome, gmail, and more depending on the apps). Probably just never noticed maybe?

It took me a little while to figure out that /e/ is uploading pictures right away (own stupidity).
Sure, I could simply switch-off the uploading, but what I would appreciate much more: an option allowing to reduce communications between de device and /e/ cloud to a minimum as long as the phone is on a data connection. The syncing could happen once the device is (re)connected to wifi.
If you ask me, this would be even quite useful as part of /e/'s standard settings.

1 Like

As a workaround you might consider to revoke mobile data access for /e/ drive service. So I think sync would only happen when connected to wifi.

1 Like

For that, for information, you can specify in /e/ account settings (v1.2) that you want to use only Wifi:

I don’t want to sync pictures either, and cannot find a way to turn off pictures sync. Below is a capture of my screen when I go to settings > accounts > your_account@e.email > account sync

Tapping on each category makes it sync, and long taps or taps or specific areas, or even swiping does nothing. How do I “untick” pictures ?

Edit: I was previously able to access a list of items to sync, and have disabled Adress book and Calendar for instance, but I cannot find a way to access it again, which is pretty confusing. And in that menu, Pictures sync could not be disabled (but I didn’t have the presence of mind to take a screenshot).

Hi @Zanakan welcome to the /e/ forum.

I can reproduce that image if at Settings > Accounts >

Automatically sync data is OFF

As you make that switch you will receive an explanation – I hope that helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! :smiley: I spent days looking for it and was just a switch away from it. :sweat_smile:

That was the solution: in order to choose which items will be synced or not, “Automatically sync data” has to be ON.