[HOWTO] Use the Notes App

Thanks a lot @codevictory.
I had this problem too and I guess I would never have found the solution by myself.

2 Likes

Why am I forced to have an account? I just want to save some notes on my phone

I cannot use the app without and I cannot uninstall/remove it… Not convenient

Because it’s the Nextcloud Note app so it uses Nextcloud and doesn’t have any offline feature.

You can install the note app of your choice though.

1 Like

Great, many thanks! I had the same problem and have been looking for the solution for a couple of weeks. Couldn’t have found it alone, I guess.

Thank you @codevictory for the solution you offer. I have my own Nextcloud server and have the same message as @buzzzz
Do you have any idea what would be the solution in my case?

I don’t know if this question is still relevant but I just made a post on how to ‘Create an OpenSSL certificate for your local Nextcloud instance that you can install on your phone’.
This fixes the the error message of the Notes app and the bug where you can’t accept the certificate and the app crashes.

2 Likes

(Not sure if this is the place for a suggestion, if not, feel free to refer me to the correct place.)

When using the Notes app, I find it a bit confusing that there is an ‘uncategorised’ category, implying that it would be possible to create categories and structure your notes according to these. So I guess this is kind of feedback and a suggestion in one, I think it would be great to have the option to create such categories. Is there a plan for this in the future, or am I maybe missing something and is this already possible?

2 Likes

Open a Note; 3 dot menu, top right > Category > Create category.

2 Likes

Great, thank you for the help! I guess I didn’t find that a logical place to look then :slight_smile:

What is the difference of this fork to the original app?

Hi, someones knows if it’s possible to use two notes accounts ?
I got one perso and one for work, on two different nextclouds. It seems to works with only one account.

I don’t know if it possible with the built-in NOtes app, but it is certainly possible using the NextCloud Notes app from F-Droid:

2 Likes

Yes ! it works perfectly with nextcloud app ! with a nice switch-button to go easily from one account to the other one !

Thank you very much, after 5 months of using /e/OS I have finally managed to set up notes syncing using this solution.

I tried to make a note with a picture into the web app with success. When I try to see it into the web app, no problem.
When I try to see it with the notes app I only see the text and the picture appears to be broken

Any suggestion ?

The same behaviour is in the upstream NextCloud Notes app from which /e/'s app is forked. The note contains a link to the image but the phone app isn’t capable of displaying it .

1 Like

To synch notes on iPadOS

I had a hard time learning how to synch murenas nextcloud with the basic apple apps. It works great now on my Mac and it works nearly great on my iPad. Only my Murena notes are not available in iPad-Notes. With Notes on my Mac this synch works flawless. Like shown in the screenshot, I am not offered to swicht on this service on the iPad. I would appreciate any idea to get full circle here.

I discovered the iOS app “CloudNotes”. This might be a solution, despite the mediocre feedback. But I already fail with signing in. As “server”, I can only think of “Murena”. This seems to work. But after I logg in successfully, the app’s “setting” keeps saying that I did not. Any hints, somebody?

“HOWTO share a note (by Email)”

(needed some screenshots to illustrate my point)

after an update, most of my notes are gone, as they weren’t all synced with the cloud :cry: they were really important to me. As they were on my phone before, I wonder if they’re stored in some format on the internal storage. Where could that be?
I’m greatful for any help!