[HOWTO] Use the Recorder App

Note: Documentation in this section is Work in progress. Help us update it. Help us make /e/ better !!

Icon Recorder Main Screen
recorder
recorder_screen

How to use the Recorder app

Activate/Deactivate the sound capture

To activate or deactivate the sound record while you are recording your screen :

• Click on the settings button,

record_screen360x68

• Switch on to activate and off to deactivate the microphone.
Recorder Setting disabled Recorder Setting enabled
rs_1 rs_2.

Start the record

• Click on the top button (with the camera logo on it),
  • The following button is now on your screen. You can move it by dragging it by the arrows if needed.

button103x58

• Click on the camera button next to those arrows to start the record and make it disappear.

Stop the record

• Swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom in order to display the notifications center.

stop_the_recorder_1250x194

• In the Recorder’s notification, click on “STOP”.

OR

• Go back the to Recorder app,
  • Click on the stop button.

screen_is_being_recorded250x444

Share the record

• Once the record has been stopped, you can within the same Recorder’s notification “PLAY”, “SHARE” or “DELETE” this record.
    delete_this_record360x278

OR

• Click on the movie clap button (leave and come back the app if it isn’t diplayed) in order to manage the last screen record and be able to play, delete and share it.
Record Screen Last Record
record_screen last_record

Location of my records

• In the Gallery app.

OR

With the default file manager (“Files”) :

• Click on the 3 lines button on the top left (or swipe from the left to the rigt of the screen),
  • Click on “Videos”,
  • Open the “ScreenRecords” directory.

OR

• Path : sdcard/Movies/ScreenRecords

How to use the Record Sound Function

Start the record

• Click on the bottom button (with the microphone logo on it).

Stop the record

• Click on the stop button in the Recorder app.

stop_this_recording250x444

Share the record

• Once the record has been stopped, you can within the Recorder’s notification “PLAY”, “SHARE” or “DELETE” this record.
    share_this_record250x192

OR

• Click on the bottom right button (leave and come back the app if it isn’t diplayed) in order to manage the last sound record and be able to play, delete and share it.

record_sound360x66

** Location of my records**

• Path : sdcard/Music/SoundRecords

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Thanks,
On my smartphone GS290 the soundrecorder works well, but screenrecorder does not save the recording. If I record a screencast of 40 seconds and I stop the cast, it said “%s”. And there is no video in Movies/ScreenRecords.

I have the same phone with the same error here.

Two years later, still the same. The app does not record the screen. I have now two smartphones with /e/ and none of them cast the screen. Who can help us?

I saw you posted this at Screenrecording does not work GS290 before and didn’t bring you results.

You can follow the issues: