I locked my Redmi Note 7 after installing /e/OS

Hello,
people, I did something that one shouldn’t do. I locked the bootloader on a phone with /e/OS installed and now it is not usable. When I start the phone, the message ‘System has been destroyed’ appears. Unfortunately, I can’t reinstall anything, including /e/OS, via fastboot from my PC because the bootloader is already locked. So, I have a problem that my system doesn’t work and I can’t repair it since it’s locked. I also thought about using Mi Unlock Tool again, but that shouldn’t be possible as Google Android was no longer installed and I would need to link a phone number with the Mi account, which is not possible because I don’t have any Google Android or Mi device. I spent half a day trying to fix it without success.

On locked bootloader you can flash only in EDL mode. To revive your “lavender” you need a lot of luck as well as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 Driver and MiFlash or XiaomiTool-V2.

1 Like

Are you actually finding that you cannot find your Unlock Tool account? In my experience with the Linux tool, the account is attached to the customer rather than the device.

When in your own account, in my experience, on connection of the device, the device is recognised even when (soft) bricked.

Can you please explain this in more detail? When I research this on the internet, it says I have to unscrew my phone.

My problem is that I no longer have my old Mi account that I used to unlock my phone, so I have to create a new one. To do this, I would have to link the account to a phone number for the MiFlash tool, which I can’t do because it’s not possible on their website and I don’t have a Mi device. With the XiaoMiTool V2, I get the error message that no account unlock ability can be accessed.

I feel fairly confident that Xiaomi will still have your old account and it will be permanently linked to your device. I am less certain how much the device will reveal while it is in the current condition, but I personally would avoid trying to create a new account.

Is it the case that your lavender is currently completely unseen by either the MiFlash or XiaomiTool-V2 without you entering your account details?

Is it the case that your lavender is currently completely unseen by either the MiFlash or XiaomiTool-V2 without you entering your account details?

No, the device is getting detected, I am just unable to unlock it.

I feel fairly confident that Xiaomi will still have your old account and it will be permanently linked to your device. I am less certain how much the device will reveal while it is in the current condition, but I personally would avoid trying to create a new account.

I have no other choice than creating a new account because I deleted the old account.

I see. The logic should be that you have the Mi device connected, so account creation should be possible, that would be the preferred route, but …

Only as a last resort you might read this Top 2 Mi Account Unlock Tools You Can't Miss but I have no experience of either method and note that Techeligible Phone Software is not an Xiaomi tool but it might be worth further research.

Your device is in the most difficult condition to unbrick. That’s why you need to use any means possible, including opening the device case to access the test points.

This video shows how it could work. However, you will have to find all the necessary tools and files on the WWW, as the links have been removed.

Tool: Reboot to EDL mode from FASTBOOT

1 Like

First of all: Thanks.
My phone is now in EDL mode, but I get the following error message from QFIL:

Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail:Process fail

2024-07-13 18:29:14.803    18:29:14: ERROR: function: sahara_rx_data:276 Unable to read packet header. Only read 0 bytes.
2024-07-13 18:29:14.804    
2024-07-13 18:29:14.804    18:29:14: ERROR: function: sahara_main:982 Sahara protocol error
2024-07-13 18:29:14.804    
2024-07-13 18:29:14.805    18:29:14: ERROR: function: main:320 Uploading  Image using Sahara protocol failed
2024-07-13 18:29:14.805    
2024-07-13 18:29:14.805    
2024-07-13 18:29:14.806    Download Fail:Sahara Fail:QSaharaServer Fail:Process fail
2024-07-13 18:29:14.806    Finish Download

There are a number of reasons you might get this error. Search the WWW for suggested solutions: How to fix Sahara fail error in QFIL

Total to be transferred is 5.41 GB

Sending <configure>

TARGET SAID: 'Binary build date'...

TARGET SAID: 'Chip serial num'...

TARGET SAID: 'Supported Functions: program configure nop sig firmwarewrite patch setbootablestoragedrive ufs emmc power benchmark read getstorageinfo getsha256digest erase '

TARGET SAID: 'ERROR: Only nop and sig tag can be received before authentication.'

fh.attrs.MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytes = 1048576

fh.attrs.MaxPayloadSizeToTargetInBytesSupported = 1048576

Something failed. The target rejected your <configure>. Please inspect log for more information

Writing log to 'path', might take a minute