In ecloud, is anyone able to change its Language and Locale?

Hello everyone,

Is anyone able to change its Language and Locale in their eCloud account?

The form to change that is at https://ecloud.global/settings/user

Mine is locked at Language= English (US) and Locale= English (United States), which must be the server default for new accounts.

The drop downs are there to allow me to select a different Language and Locale, but changes are never registered. On my own Nextcloud instance, changes done by selecting a different language or Locale via these drop downs get registered automatically (after asking me to confirm my password if I have been logged in for a long time).

If no user manages to change Language and Locale, it could be that the default are locked on the ecloud.global Nextcloud server in config/config.php with something like:
‘force_language’ => ‘en_US’,
‘force_locale’ => ‘en_US’,
(see https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/18/admin_manual/configuration_server/config_sample_php_parameters.html#user-experience)

This is particularly problematic not to be able to change Locale as it can cause great confusion with date-time formats, especially when en_US shows you date in mm/dd/yyyy format while many users expect them to be in dd/mm/yyyy format.

Cheers

Hi,

No issue on my account at least, it’s set on French :

Cheers

Hi,
Thanks. Can you actually change it to something else at the moment?
A

Well, très bizarre.

Using Firefox, I can change Language and Locale for my account on my company’s Nextcloud instance (running NC 17.0.3.1) but not for my account on ecloud.global (which seems to be running NC 16.0.6.1).

Using Chromium, I can change Language and Locale for both accounts.

I’ll try to think what could possibly cause that.

===
Note: browser versions
Chromium Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 18.04 (64-bit)
Firefox 72.0.2 (64-bit) for Ubuntu, running on Ubuntu 18.04 (64-bit)

I was able to change it using Edge but not on Firefox (72.0.2).

On Firefox, nothing happened when I selected another language from the dropdown. I had a javascript error visible in the developer console :

It may be related to Firefox and some extensions I have installed (Ublock origin and other privacy extensions)