Installation problem with Yalp / Problème d'installation avec Yalp

Hello,

i am trying to install Footej with Yalp on my Samsung S7 (i have read that it was better than Open Camera, which it isn’t very difficult). Still, i can’t install it, instead i get this message : “The apk is split. Choose root or privileged installation method.”. Does someone knows what it means or how to solve it ? Thanks.

Bonjour,

j’essaye d’installer Footej à partir de Yalp sur mon Samsung S7 (apparemment, cela fonctionne mieux qu’Open Camera qui est juste aussi catastrophique que j’ai pu le voir ailleurs sur le forum) mais j’ai ce message m’indiquant que l’installation ne se fait pas : “The apk is split. Choose root or privileged installation method.”. Savez-vous ce que cela signifie et comment régler ce problème ? Merci.

1 Like

Try getting it from the Aurora store instead. I had issues with Yalp also.

1 Like

yeah it’s true, Aurora store will solve your issue

oui c’est vrai, le store Aurora va régler ton problème (c’est celui que j’utilise)

To explain all of it, Some applications are downloaded splitted trough the Play Store, and they need so as the way they are setup.
As a simple example, would be some games, which in addition of the main .apk, require some data files to be downloaded.
The Yalp Store technically had a way to install those as a way who didn’t require root, but it was pretty unreliable.
The fact that everyone is recommending to use the Aurora Store, is because it is simply a fork of it, which is still maintained, and with a fixed way of installing those. (Oh, and it comes with a completely revamped UX which really ridiculize G Store as himself alone)

Pour expliquer tout cela, certaines applications sont téléchargées par morceau à partir du Play Store, et elles en ont besoin de la manière dont elles sont configurées.
A titre d’exemple simple, on peut citer quelques jeux qui, en plus du fichier.apk principal, nécessitent le téléchargement de certains fichiers de données.
Le Yalp Store avait techniquement un moyen de les installer avec un moyen qui ne nécessitait pas de root, mais il était assez peu fiable.
Le fait que tout le monde recommande d’utiliser le magasin Aurora, c’est qu’il s’agit simplement d’une version remaniée, qui est encore entretenue, et avec une façon corrigée de les installer. (Oh, et il vient avec un UX complètement remanié qui ridiculise vraiment le G Store à lui seul)

1 Like

Thanks to all of you, indeed, Aurora has solved the issue. In fact Footej was on /e/ Store too but i already had this problem with others applications which aren’t, so it should help anyway.

Merci à tous, en effet, le problème s’est arrangé avec Aurora. En fait, Footej peut se trouver sur l’/e/ Store mais le problème s’était aussi posé pour des applications qui n’y étaient pas, cela devrait donc servir pour d’autres cas.

1 Like

Aurora was Yalp’s fork, but since V3 it “is a clean & complete rewrite from scratch”. Also, Yalp itself is still alive under the maintenance of another developer.

Regarding the installation of split APKs, a special FOSS tool called SAI has been released recently for this very purpose.

1 Like

Thanks for the precision, I’ve edited my post to correct those imprecision.