Instant upload and system/OS upgrade both failing

You are probably aware [1] that downgrade of /e/ version is relatively safe, I have done it a number of times with testing versions without any losses. When on stable, be sure to stay on stable.

(One thing to be aware of, I guess, is if the failed upgrade caused “harm”, the downgrade might not carry out a “repair”. I think this is an outside chance – just saying so that I avoid appearing to say this course is absolutely without downsides !)

I have no direct experience of /e/ recovery, so will link this

[HOWTO] use e-Recovery to wipe & format data before sideloading/install eOS.

There is no good reason to delete or wipe data at this stage. A wipe of /system will be safe because you intend to fully replace it with your downgrade image. A wipe of Cache + Dalvic/ART Cache is always good practice (only transient data is deleted) and is useful when you are trying to correct an error.

As always, backup important things before attempting repairs !

[1] Forgive entry level information where it is not required !

You can check this in the updater by pressing the three dot menu of the offered download and copy the url somewhere to read it.It helps to know it’s a correct version.

Ditto … 0.23-q-20220401175185-stable-avicii

My system updater is trying-and-failing to install 0.23-q-20220511185000-stable-avicii

So, it has been over 3 years since I actively experimented with flashing custom ROMs, or anything else involving TWRP (beyond looking at it while /e/OS auto-updates itself) … and at this point, I’m pretty nervous about a manual downgrade on my primary phone.

Tentatively … is the idea to manually downgrade to the previous 0.23 version, make sure that works, and then run the /e/OS auto-upgrade directly to the latest, skipping over the version I have now?

Eg: I am currently running 0.23-20220401 and I want to upgrade to 0.23-20220511 … so I would manually downgrade (via TWRP) to the previous version (looks like 0.23-20220228), make sure that works, and then let /e/OS auto-upgrade itself directly to the 0511 version, skipping over my current 0401 version.

Because this is an official Murena device I would try to get some help from Murena first before manually installing/updating anything; especially as others have the same problem.

@Manoj can you perhaps help here?

So, without the device, my general advice may not be so useful. I had mentioned downgrade because if you all had working versions and the upgrade seemed to cause the problem, in the first instance I would think of downgrading. But there does seem a problem to fix with the build. There was post on Telegram also.

As @chrisrg mentions, as customers you can expect to get more accurate advice from

You are suffering 0.23-q-20220401175185-stable-avicii when
e-0.23-q-20220511185000-stable-avicii exists, but uninstallable (I think).

The problem with this update was reported as an issue yesterday (not by me):

I guess we just have to wait.

1 Like

Pl can you check if the issue you are facing is the same as reported here
If yes pl can you add your comments to the issue
Will pass on to the dev team to update the issue details in Gitlab.

Done. Definitely sounds like the same issue. I also referenced this forum thread and mentioned that 3 of us have all reported the same issue here in the form.

Thanks, @Manoj

Just got an update from the team. The issue has been resolved and will be available as part of the v1.0 release for avicii. ETA 31 May 2022


And any clue for the other issue mentionned in the firt message? The nextcloud instant upload issue.

For my part, I am waiting for the OS upgrade. Since at least 2 people (you and I) are experiencing the same Nextcloud issue without (at least in my case) any known change to the /e/OS settings … I expect the issue is actually Nextcloud-related.

If the /e/OS upgrade does not resolve it, I will start a new thread explicitly for it.


Unfortunately, 1.0 didnt solve it

1 Like

Didn’t solve it for me either :worried:

Same here. Failing on abount 93%

Same here - unable to install the update

Hi @ThorWalez welcome the /e/ forum.

There is a more specific thread on the subject (and link to the Gitlab issue) here.

I’m also facing the same issue on this website.

Hi @zain welcome to the /e/ forum.

As you have had no reply you might like to expand your enquiry in different words.

A new thread might be more appropriate for you, perhaps a [Solved] thread is not the best place? Perhaps in this context “same issue” is not easily understood?