Issues and questions regarding the Galaxy S7

Overall the Galaxy S7 (purchased from e.foundation supplier in Feb 2020) running on Android 7.1.2 and the 31-08- 2020 update works OK but there are are few issues :

• on receiving a phone call, the device often duplicates the record of the call in the phone interface
  • several apps do not auto rotate to landscape mode. (ex the native internet navigator, Firefox, calendar, mail, contacts etc). An app that autorotates is more an exception than a rule.
  • the “apps” store application often crashes when attempting to update an installed application (but the install seems to work anyway)
  • the bluetooth radio shuts off automatically after a while. Only way to keep it open (eg for using anticovid app) seems to be to turn on the hotspot function as well - which hits battery life.

and a few questions :

• is using Netguard worthwhile or is it duplicating certain basic OS functions (privacy guard) ?
  • does use of Davx conflict with native carddav/caldav functions ?
  • is it a problem to install and use F-droid (which seems to be able to update certain applications intially installed using “Apps” )

If anyone has some info, thanks in advance

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi,
I have an S7 SM-G930F that I flashed with the easy installer and I’m encountering the following problem:

• If I share the wifi as a hot spot for more than one device it shuts down after a while.
  • If I use it only to share internet for one device sometimes it’s OK, sometime is does not work… I encounter the same problem.
    It’s kind of blocking as I use my phone for my Internet connection at home.
    May I provide some logs or anything else to help you troubleshoot this issue?
    Regards,
    Luis