Issues/problem withFairphone 3 + with elo - how test battery

I got a problem with my fairphone 3+. i buy it on eFoundation site (in january 2021)
Battery (#BatteryFairphone3) don’t charging at all, since friday evening.

I send mel to fairphone support
here the description

My fairphone 3+ doesn’t charging.
when i insert the usb c cable, the yellow led light on but the battery indicator (on top top right of the screen) doesn’t say charge is on. and however, the phone doesnt charge at all.)

in fact, i realised that the phone charge but very very very slowly (env 30% in 1 day !!!)

I called Fairphone hotline and they ask me to test my battery with dialing number : “##66##” but, this kind of dialing don’t work on my elo fairphone

Could you help me please ? is it possible to phone any efoundation hotline ?

Do someone know how to launch this kind of dialing on Fairphone with elo/fondation ?

Thanks you in advance
François

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Your first support address is the e foundation.
Fairphone can and will only help you officially once you install Fairphone OS, the only OS they support.
(In case you want to do that … https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048050332-Manually-install-Fairphone-OS-on-FP3-FP3-)

This dialing code is not implemented in /e/ (yet?).

/e/ support options are given here … https://esolutions.shop/support/.

Which charger are you using, and did you try a different cable?
For both of them it is important, if in doubt, that they are USB-IF certified … https://forum.fairphone.com/t/charging-speed-problems-use-usb-if-certified-cables/54816

1 Like

Thank you for your reponse
yes, i try différent usb c cable and charger (5v1a). i tried theses cables on other phone and the charge work. I even bought a new cable but nothing changed

since january, my fairphone charging correctly.
but as i say, now the charge doesn’t work properly

when i put usb c cable : the led llight in yellow, but the android battery indicator (on the top of the screen) doesn’t change (usually there’s a lightning on the battery symbol)

yes now it could be a speed charging problem. my fairphone 3 could charge but very very slowly. In certains cases, the yellow light doesn’t light in yellow…

i tried to reverse the side of usb c cable (invert the cable), and test safe mode but nothing change

i imagined that it could be due to bad contacts inside the phone so i disassembled my fairphone… but sur, the problem persist

yesterday, i ordered bottom module and nexw battery on fairphone shop.

You might also check for lint or dirt in the USB port. You could carefully (!) remove it with a needle or something similar.

I’m using a magnetic adapter which keeps the port occupied and relieves it from strain or stress resulting from connections.
(A habit from the micro USB port times, USB-C should be more robust, but you never know :slight_smile: .)

I want to backup my phone before it hasn’t got any battery.

Do you know if there is a recovery tooll (like TWRP ) installed by eFoundation with elo on Fairphone ? and if it is possible to launch it manually (power & volume + ? )

A backup software called Seedvault is being integrated into /e/, but it seems not to be there yet.

You can launch the /e/ recovery that way, but it has no active backup capabilities to speak of. Perhaps something is possible via ADB, if you are familiar with it, but if that is the case you could use ADB when Android is booted, foremost. The adb backup command is deprecated, however, and unreliable if you want to believe the internet and my personal experience, but simply copying files via ADB should be fine

If you’re not familiar with ADB, better don’t bother now and copy the whole Internal Storage to a computer via USB for a start. Then have a look at Apps important to you: What do they offer? Some export functionality?

Else, if you have a Windows computer, you could give MyPhoneExplorer a shot.

In general it’s not a bad idea to have a universal external battery charger, so batteries can be charged outside of devices for convenience or as a workaround. When choosing one for the Fairphone 3/3+ battery you would have to take care that the charging contacts are thin enough for the contact slots of the battery. Here’s one which works on eBay currently … https://www.ebay.de/itm/401760527578 (I’m not affiliated, I just happen to have the LCD version of this charger).

1 Like

Hi @francoisP if the phone was purchased from eSolution Shop then as @AnotherElk mentioned for hardware issues pl send a mail to support@e.email. Mention details of the purchase and the team.

1 Like

Hi Manoj, thank you,
i sent them email. but for the moment, i haven’t any feedback

1 Like

I will ping you separately.

Hi François,

Any reaction yet? Having the same issues overhere. Exactly as you described. Charging via a laptop seems tot work. But that is not a real solution…

Curious if you already fixed the issue. Thanks for your reply.

@Manoj Do you have any suggestions how tot go from here? I did also send an email to support@e.email. No reaction yet.

Thank you!

Greetings,
Willem Jan

Hello,

• charging via laptop not work, i just noticed that charging was veryvery very long (about 1 day = 30%)

• yes, i resolved my issue.
    I command the bottom module on fairphone website.
    I changed it and then, my phone charge now correctly.

thank you

1 Like

Thank you François for your reply.

That is clear. I will wait for support tot reply and otherwise order an module at Fairphone as well. I assume it is stille warranty.

Hi , I have passed on your mail sent to the support email ID to a team member to check and respond.

2 Likes

Thank You Manoj. I did receive an answer already. Greetings, Willem Jan

Hello,

I resolved my issue.

• I command the bottom module on fairphone website.
    I changed it and then, my phone charge now correctly.

best regards
Francois

WillemJan /e/ user
August 30 |

• | - |

Hi François,

Any reaction yet? Having the same issues overhere. Exactly as you described. Charging via a laptop seems tot work. But that is not a real solution…

Curious if you already fixed the issue. Thanks for your reply.

@Manoj Do you have any suggestions how tot go from here? I did also send an email to support@e.email. No reaction yet.

Thank you!

Greetings,
Willem Jan