Launching Extra Storage Subscriptions plans

@marcdw, @cavaughan The issue with the payments not going through will need to wait till Monday for a resolution. The team members who can help with this are traveling at the moment.
Sorry for the inconvenience. We will plan to handle this better the next time.

2 Likes

FYI, it’s not just payments. I can’t even log in. I decided to try to reset my password, but even in that case it says that my email is not valid. I’m logging in with the same account for ecloud.

Yes, there is still some work to be done on this payment feature. Thank you. I can see my payment the old way arrived and was registered, so the e-foundation has a good administration too.

Would it be possible to get more information on that? I couldn’t find anything about storage encryption when I originally logged the feature request on gitlab. I feel that if the encryption is indeed strong, this is a very marketable feature of /e/ that could make it more attractive to newcomers … “encryption” is one of those buzzwords that create hype right now kinda like “4k”, “AI” and “VR”

3 Likes

OMG, this is absurd. On the page for signing up for extended storage it says, " For any questions about your plan, contact us at: ecloud_support@e.email", which I did about my issue. Got an email back that “None of the destination email addresses are recognized…”

Thanks for pointing out all the issues with the subscription plan release. Just checked and the email ID and it does bounce back with the message as mentioned above. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will be discussing this with the team and updating on this page.

1 Like

As a workaround you can also send a mail to support@e.email with the subject “Subscription Plan”

I’m getting an error

In a banner across the top. I find this somewhat frustrating that it has almost been a week since this thread started and users are still having issues. I want to support /e/ but you are making it difficult!!

Can you share more details as to when you are facing this issue. Are you able to log in to ecloud with the same credentials.

Yes I am logged into ecloud same credentials.

The error is generated when loggin in on this page https://e.foundation/checkout/

The page prior to that page https://e.foundation/e-cloud-subscriptions

Has me logged in.

@cavaughan, apologies for the issues you’re facing trying to get a subscription up and running.

Regarding the ecloud_support@e.email, the issue is solved. We have received your mail at that address, thanks.

Regarding the storage subscriptions, for now it is only accessible from your ‘ecloud’ account console.

Can you please try following these steps:

Please let me know if this works better or not.

2 Likes

Just to update on my situation… According to my credit card rep the orders were failing because no dollar amount was shown during processing. They had to “upgrade” my credit account (maybe had to do with international purchases. Not sure as they didn’t elaborate). Several minutes later I tried again and all was good. Order was processed and I now have 64GB. Cool stuff.

2 Likes

Worked! Thanks!
Might want to make that clear for future members!

4 Likes

Glad to read that! will ammend instructions then :smile:
Thanks for closing the loop!

1 Like

My “mom and dad” will be “not amused” when reading “Increase memory size”

An adaptation to a consistent /e/ account language is urgently necessary.

@archie Where do you see “increase memory size”?

@alexis, thank you for your interest. » Bottom left.

» Bottom left.

Also: the following pages “Get more space for your data:” and “checkout” are only in English but not in German.

hi @archie,
Thanks for the screen capture. It says “increase storage size”, not “increase memory size”. Not sure what the problem is.
Will look into what can be done for the translations in German of the check out page.

Of course you’re right, @alexis. I should clean my glasses more often ;o/

increase storage size

I’m only interested in a consistent, uniform system language (language of the selected country) - from the first to the last page.

1 Like