LineageOS hack and e foundation?

New LineageOS builds are stopped after early May hack. How does this change anything at e foundation?

LineageOS hack:

LineageOS status:

https://status.lineageos.org/

The successful hacker attack on the infrastructure has of course had effects in various directions. Especially on the morale and image of the team of The LineageOS Project. This is clearly shown in the dermiserable public relations work of the staff of The LineageOS Project. Besides the official announcement LineageOS server hacked on May 2, 2020 and the LineageOS status: hardly anything gets out.

Internally, however, it is being further developed. This becomes visible, if you look at the documentation here and here by @ haggertk, who is one of the leading developers at The LineageOS Project and is responsible for the Galaxy S5 “klte”. It looks like LOS 17.1 should be released soon for the “klte” as well.

LineageOS-for-microG is also progressing in small steps. Updated builds for the Samsung devices a3xelte, a5y17lte, hlte and klte prove that.

If the microG team has access to the open source, then the /e/ OS Build Team can also benefit.

It will continue because the “The show must go on” … get the hell out of here.

2 Likes

Hello,

Thx for all teams who contributed OS like /e/ and lineageOS :fist:

And i have a question about the life of all teams : How are projects funded so that everyone has a salary?

martoni

Hello @martoni,

our @Chimpthepimp also builds /e/ builds. He knows what he is talking about. His answer should answer your question about financing, right?

Hello @archje,

Yep, i’m agree. My “thanks” is more stronger for all developers and teams :slight_smile:

martoni

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.