[LIST] Banking Apps on /e/OS

they do it exactly right

3 Likes

In the Table above I see:

Country Bank App Name Comment
The Netherlands ING Nederland ING Bankieren https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ing.mobile 29
The Netherlands ASN Bank ASN Mobiel Bankieren via Aurora store

I have both apps installed on my Samsung S9 (SM-G960F) with MicroG Services Core: 0.2.22.212658-158.
With /e/ rom: e-0.20-q-20211216151800-dev-starlte

They both installed nice via Aurora Store. I even was able to create mobile card to pay via nfc in ING.

1 Like

Same here. Would b great if someone could help out.

Hi, the thing is, that the “elba” login on PC/Mac only works with a smartphone. So for now, I use my old FP2 with Android to do so.

So how do they deal with customers who don’t own a smartphone? (Asking out of curiosity :slight_smile:)

I guess it is do or die. An employee from the Bank went to my parents and did the hole installation because they couldn’t do it by their own and even with teamviewer etc. it is hard sometimes.

I see this as a major reason to change the bank !!
Seriously.

3 Likes

NORWAY

Sparebank 1 - Mobile Banking
Sparebank 1 - One time password

VIPPS - does not work. Tags the OS as jailbrokwn and refuses to start.

Imagin app works nicely. Spain

FRANCE | Caisse d’Epargne | Banxo | Everything works well on e-Q, but Secur’Pass requires Magisk on e-Oreo

Yes it works well.
The CrĂ©dit CoopĂ©ratif app also, but it is a “fork” of Caisse d’Epargne/Banxo.

The app of ING France works well, but it has no special features related to payments (such as Secur’Pass or NFC). The operations are still secured with SMS. Anyway, the bank is being sold

1 Like

Perhaps a good indication might be to search the Huawei AppGallery if the bank app exists there already – there it can’t use Google Play either :wink:

BTW, I’m working on a list for Slovenia. Will share as soon as it’s ready.

@Manoj
For information, is there any plan to add a “Hide root” functionnality in /e/ ?
The french bank app “CrĂ©dit Agricole - Ma Banque” needs “Magisk” to be working and installing Magisk on certain smartphone can be
 tricky

It’s quite annoying to not be able to use our bank application on /e/
Thanks

1 Like

The solution to this problem of banking applications not running on custom ROMs like /e/OS has more to do with the banks rather than /e/OS. Banks want the complete Google code base to validate and run the application. When we remove parts of that code base as in /e/OS to degoogle we ‘break’ their functionality. The development team keeps working on finding ways to get these apps to work, but unfortunately the chances of success are limited unless Banks also take the initiative and open up their applications to work on custom ROMs.

11 Likes

Hello,

We can add LCL - France to this list.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,

After the update to e/OS 0.23 the ABN Amro App on the Netherlands works fine for me too!
Thanks Guys, now it think i dont have to use the Aurora Store anymore.

1 Like

Norway: Bulderbank and Bnbank works😀

Vipps works for me. I have been using Magisk and its DenyList stuff, but after upgrading to v1.0, it works even if I haven’t fixed Magisk yet (need to fiddle with the boot loader for each update).

Italy - Fineco Bank - Fineco - Aurora store

Easybank works now with 1.0