[LIST] Devices which will be getting upgraded to /e/OS T - Part I

As you may be aware, we would be releasing the /e/OS T dev builds soon. This is the first set of devices we will be upgrading to /e/OS T

We expect to release the /e/OS T builds by next month :crossed_fingers:

We will add more devices from the supported list besides adding new ones.

Vendor Device Name Device Codename
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 X00TD
Asus Zenfone 5Z Z01R
BQ Aquaris X bardock
BQ Aquaris X Pro bardockpro
F(x)tec Pro¹ pro1
Fairphone FP3/3+ FP3
Fairphone FP4 FP4
Google Pixel 2 walleye
Google Pixel 4 flame
Google Pixel 4 XL coral
Google Pixel 4a sunfish
Google Pixel 4a 5G bramble
Google Pixel 5 redfin
Google Pixel 5a barbet
Google Pixel XL 2 taimen
Lenovo Z5 Pro GT heart
Lenovo Z6 Pro zippo
Motorola Edge racer
Motorola edge 20 berlin
Motorola edge 2021 berlna
Motorola edge 30 dubai
Motorola Edge S / Moto G100 nio
Motorola Moto G 5G / Motorola One 5G Ace kiev
Motorola Moto G 5G Plus / Motorola One 5G nairo
Motorola Moto G6 Plus evert
Motorola Moto G7 river
Motorola Moto G7 Play channel
Motorola Moto G7 Plus lake
Motorola Moto G7 Power ocean
Motorola Moto One Action troika
Motorola Moto One Power chef
Motorola Moto One Vision/Motorola P50 kane
Motorola Moto X4 payton
Motorola Moto Z3 Play beckham
Nubia Mini 5G TP1803
Nubia Z17 nx563j
Nubia Z18 Mini nx611j
OnePlus 5 cheeseburger
OnePlus 5T dumpling
OnePlus 6 enchilada
OnePlus 6T fajita
OnePlus 7 guacamoleb
OnePlus 7 Pro guacamole
OnePlus 7T hotdogb
OnePlus 7T Pro hotdog
OnePlus 8 instantnoodle
OnePlus 8 Pro instantnoodlep
OnePlus 8T kebab
OnePlus 9 lemonade
OnePlus 9 Pro lemonadep
OnePlus Nord avicii
Razer Phone cheryl
Razer Phone 2 aura
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G a52q
Samsung Galaxy A72 a72q
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 crownlte
Samsung Galaxy S9 starlte
Samsung Galaxy S9+ star2lte
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e gts4lv
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e gts4lvwifi
SHIFT SHIFT6mq axolotl
Sony Xperia 1 II pdx203
Sony Xperia XZ2 akari
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact xz2c
Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium aurora
Sony Xperia XZ3 akatsuki
Xiaomi Mi 6 sagit
Xiaomi Mi 8 dipper
Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition ursa
Xiaomi Mi 8 Pro equuleus
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 chiron
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S polaris
Xiaomi Poco F1 beryllium
Xiaomi POCO F2 Pro / Redmi K30 Pro / Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition lmi
Xiaomi Redmi 4A / 5A / [Note 5A / Y1 - Lite] Mi8917
Xiaomi Redmi 7A / 8 / 8A / 8A Dual Mi439
33 Likes

I suppose these are all DEV builds?

1 Like

Glad to read I won’t be tempted to be so foolish to upgrade right before a trip this month. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, these are dev builds. I have updated the initial post accordingly. Will will share details of stable builds at a later date.

8 Likes

I must reinstall /e/OS on my Fairphone 3. I read that FairphoneOS for this device will be upgraded to Android 13 next month also. Does /e/OS T contain all firmware parts from FairphoneOS Android 13 (e.g. modem) or does it make sense to install FairphoneOS first and then /e/OS T?

Reg the FP3 I had checked on this with the team and this was the response

• ADB sideload can be used to upgrade to t build.
  • Factory reset is recommended as we have as yet not tested the upgrade path from s build to t builds on stable build …this means you should take a data backup
  • there is no need to flash stock
    There are devices which will require a return to stock first, but for the Fairphone that is not required.
10 Likes

This list is impressive, once again thanks /e/ team ! :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Thank yoi so much E Team! What is new in T build? Any peek screenshots?

Is it fp4 that requires a flash to fairphone os first? To android 12 or 13? Im just paranoid about bricking due to a security patch dates

What if, my device is not in the list?
Do you plan to release /e/os T to xiomi poco f3 - alioth?

Thanks

Poco F3 is currently in transition to LineageOS 20 (Android 13) so chances are it will eventually be released for /e/OS T as well.

PLEASE remember to not blindly follow the official documentation and not update to eOS T after the foundation released a dev build if you have a POCO F3.

The S version required quite a lot of manual preparation to properly upgrade from R to S, all of which were not included in the official eOS documentation for months. I wrote the guide for properly upgrading to S here and it took quite some time to get it incorporated into the official documentation. I will be writing a guide for eOS T as well, since it will likely require the same amount of manual prep work. If you don’t want to lose your data and are not very experienced I recommend to be patient and wait until either I or someone else wrote a guide.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m an Alioth owner on 1.8.1R (02/2023) and saw your active contribution here.
My version didn’t get any OTA update since february, thus am I wondering if I should update to S.

Can you confirm to me that it is now okay to completely follow the official documentation for this ? Or is it still better to follow your post on the topic I linked ?

Thank you in advance for you answer, have a good day.

They have incorporated some of my steps and have a link to my forum post. However I still recommend to just follow my guide from top to bottom if you want to make sure that everything works out. If you don’t like TWRP you can use their steps for the eOS Recovery though. Good luck!

1 Like

Do user of /e/OS S need to flash /e/OS T manually or will it be delivered via OTA?

If therr is the need to flash it manually, is there a possibility to retain apps, settings, messages, and other personal data?

Almost only Murena sold devices get upgrade OTA’s, all others need to do it manually

1 Like

Only stock firmware upgrade must (for now) be installed manualy.
All /e/OS updates and upgrades can simply be achieved by the recovery manager when upgrading the stock firmware is not necessary.

Please make sure this important LineageOS bit makes it into /e/OS T for FP3 …

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/official-lineageos-20-for-fp3-fp3/94640/91?u=anotherelk

… else a number of Apps will refuse to work with the fingerprint reader because of Google tightening the requirements and deeming the FP3 sensor’s security “weak” from Android 13 on, see also for reference …

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fairphone-3-and-3-a13-fingerprint-sensor-update/97654
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/list-of-apps-and-their-status-of-fingerprint-support-on-fp3-with-android-13/97658

3 Likes

Hello team,

Great work !
Do you plan to release /e/OS A13 for Samsung S10 (SM-G973F/DS - beyond1lte) ?

I can see that Lineage 20.0 / A13 is available on LOS repo : https://download.lineageos.org/devices/beyond1lte/builds

2 Likes