[LIST] Features list for devices - VoLTE/VoWifi/Wificall per-device carrier compatability

This list will include details of popular features like VoWIFI , WIFICalling …if working on /e/ and with information of country and carrier. It started out primarily for US users devices carrier compatibility.

• Codename is the device code name for e.g. the BQ Aquarius X has a code name ‘bardock’ … you can find your device code name here

• Feel free to add more columns if you want to share information.

• There is an OS column as some features may be not available in some versions of the OS

• Fill in details as you think required.

Country Device CodeName OS Carrier VoLTE VoWifi SMSoverWifi
FR Fairphone3+ FP3 Q 1.3 FreeMobile Y Y N
PL Mi A1 Tissot Q 0.17 T-Mobile Y Y ?
USA Pixel 4a sunfish R 0.18 T-Mobile Y Y Y
USA OnePlus 6T fajita Q 0.17 T-Mobile Y Y ?
USA Moto G7+ lake Q 0.17 T-Mobile Y Y ?
USA Moto G7+ lake Q 0.17 AT&T Y Y ?
USA Teracube 2e 2e Q 0.17 T-Mobile Y N ?
USA Teracube 2e 2e Q 0.19 T-Mobile Y N ?
USA Note 9 crownlte Q 0.17 T-Mobile N N ?
USA S9+ star2lte Q 0.17 T-Mobile N N ?
USA S9 starlte Q 0.17 T-Mobile N N ?
USA S9 starlte Q 0.18 RedPocket (AT&T) N N ?
USA S9 starlte Q 0.19 RedPocket (AT&T) N N ?
USA S9 starlte Q 0.20 RedPocket (AT&T) N N ?
USA Xperia XZ1 Compact lilac Q 0.17 RedPocket (AT&T) N N N
USA Xperia XZ1 Compact lilac Q 0.18 Ting (T-mobile) Y Y Y
UK Xperia XZ1 Compact lilac Q 0.20 EE Y Y ?
UK Xperia Z3 Compact z3c Q 0.20 Phone Co-op (EE MNVO) N N ?
UK Xperia Z3 z3 R 0.20 Phone Co-op (EE MNVO) N N ?
UK Xperia Z5 Compact suzuran Q / R 0.20 Phone Co-op (EE MNVO) N N ?
UK Xperia XZ3 akatsuki. R 0.18 EE N N ?
UK Xperia XA2 pioneer R 0.18 3UK Y Y ?
UK Xiaomi Mi 8 dipper R 0.18 EE ? Y ?
USA OnePlus 6T fajita Q 0.17 Mint Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) Y Y ?
USA Moto G7+ lake Q 0.17 Mint Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO) Y Y ?
USA Essential PH-1 mata Q 1.4 Mint Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO Y Y Y

Update 10-12-2021: added SMSoverWifi column, devices not yet tested have a ?

Samsung phones do not have a VoLTE/VoWifi (IMS) stack outside their original Firmware as of 03/2023 and thus aren’t expected to work with any carrier.

8 Likes

@Taurus wanted to be sure you saw this.

2 Likes

I was going to suggest that all MVNOs be consolidated under their underlying major network, but then I realized that some will have VoWiFi and some not.

Can confirm that neither VoLTE nor WiFi Calling works on S9 starlte on Q 0.18 with RedPocket (AT&T) as of today.

USA: With Ting (MVNO that uses T-mobile’s network), SMS over WiFi also works. May be dependent on SMS client/settings.

1 Like

@Manoj could you include some of the terms users search for in the title when looking for VoLTE/VoWifi/Wificall per-device carrier compatability?

Hi Manoj, I’m a bit confused by all this is Murena now the only place to buy a stable pre-built phone?

Yes, the new website is where users can order /e/OS smartphones.

1 Like

FR Fairphone3+ FP3+ Q 1.3 FreeMobile Y Y N

As I have just read on different topic of this forum, it seems that supported Samsung phones do not support VoLTE nor VoWi-Fi. Could you add this info on top/bottom of the list?

1 Like

I don’t reproduce with Fairphone 3 /e/ OS 1.11-s (Android 12) with the french carrier FreeMobile:
VoLTE: No
VoWifi: No
SMSoverWifi: don’t know

Screencast after do *#*#4636#*#* on the phone app

What kind of package do you have?? I have the package at 2€.*

French:
Je ne reproduis pas avec mon FP3 sous /e/ OS 1.11-s (Android 12) avec Freemobile. Quel type de forfait as-tu ?? J’ai le forfait à 2€.

It’s true? Free Mobile’s website talks about only FP4 et FP5 but nothing about FP3
https://assistance-1.free.fr/mobile/terminaux/

Samsung Galaxy S9 (starlte) is in the list of the first devices to get /e/OS T. The development and testing updates thread says the devs are working on adding firmware along with the T builds. For the Samsung devices, will VoLTE/VoWifi (IMS) stack firmware be added in either the T build or a future update for these devices or is this impossible/impractical ?

Hi @Manoj,
Thanks a lot for sharing the list. Would you please explain more about the last sentence?

Samsung phones do not have a VoLTE/VoWifi (IMS) stack outside their original Firmware as of 03/2023 and thus aren’t expected to work with any carrier.

Seems straightforward enough. More than likely custom ROMs on the Samsung will not have working VoLTE or VoWiFi. If VoLTE is required to make/receive calls with a particular carrier then one will be out of luck.
One will have to run Samsung firmware (OEM stock ROM) to have working VoLTE.