[LIST] Devices working with the Easy Installer

and this is at the bottom to read

Please can you explain why you cannot select “apply update” within the /e/ recovery which appears to be installed.

Re use of Easy Installer, please note the OP [these are not actually the words of Manoj]

Please let us then help you in a new post under Devices >> Gigaset.

Thank you for reporting this :smiley:

1 Like

I tried to apply update (sideload) but that didn’t work, because of wrong file
flashed boot.img again
flashed the image I used last time, now this phone’s running too

Now; are we talking about two different devices?

I changed the advice at the top of the page, Gigaset GS290, to a :warning: Warning, Gigaset GS290: testing by experts only at this time please. Thank you

Combined all these thread here

1 Like

yes the first one came with Android 9, so I had to update to 10 before putting e on it
the second had already Android 10 on it, no updates avaiable.

I am wondering, why, what didn’t work? :slight_smile:

Is this hint true?
Potential users/readers, Easy Installer will only select a stable version of /e/. Generally that will be Oreo at present.

That’s for the Samsungs, right? FP3 is definitely Q and I doubt the GS290 is on Oreo.

1 Like

I have no Easy Installer phone. Thanks for the information. :smiley:

Gigaset GS290 - having seen reports that Easy Installer delivers Android version Q, and having linked on the OP a HOWTO, which deals with the problem that Windows might fail to load necessary drivers, I have removed the “experienced testers only warning”.

Credit, @SuzieQ in another post, when using Easy Installer in Windows, have Windows Device Manager open in another window. Should a “:warning: driver issue” arise you will be warned in good time.

1 Like

Hi !
you will be able to remove me from this list.
I will have to re-install fairphone android 10 OS.
No MMS without mobile data
and the bug has been around since 2019 … and still not resolved.
I’m starting to have doubts …

J’entends votre frustration!

J’espère que vous continuerez avec / e / :smiley:

1 Like

Retourner sous Google ?
Je boycotte déjà TOTAL depuis plus 30 ans… Je continuerez l’aventure /e/ tant que je serais satisfait. Avec l’age on devient prudent :wink:

It worked for me on my FP3+. I have added my name to the list.

It was just so simple and easy :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer. So is the 10 stable build available for the S9 with the easy installer now?

The stable builds for v0.15 were released yesterday . Will check if it has gone out for the S9 and update

Have you checked it?

@Manoj would it be possible to have an answer please?

The update I got was that the v0.15 stable build has gone out for the S9 …are you not able to get it ?