Locking the bootloader

Hi guys,

I have been wondering about this for a while. Since I installed /e/ I have not been able to lock the bootloader again, so I keep getting a small interruption during the phone boot. Is that how its supposed to be, or should there be a “lock bootloader” option in the developer settings (I couldnt find it since the install).
Its really mostly an aestetic issue, but would be cool if it would boot straight into the os
Phone is a Oneplus 5t (dumpling)

1 Like

Hi!
This is the way it works with LineageOS (which /e/ is a fork of) and most other aftermarket android distributions. It’s not only aesthetic because it means somebody could install a modified OS on your system without you noticing it. I explained this in another thread too.

1 Like

So it is not possible to lock the bootloader again, if I understood right. Maybe two years later there is any way of solving this?

I installed LineageOS on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and I get the annoying message every time I power on the device. But I have recently installed /e/ on my FP3+ and I re-locked the bootloader without any problem.

You could relock the FP3 bootloader because FairPhone manufacturers/vendor is allowing /e/OS as a trusted OS.

1 Like

It makes sense, thank you!