Meet the Bliss Launcher -/e/OS’ default launcher

core aims … an easy to understand and use interface. /e/OS is a privacy-first OS.

In what ways does Bliss help meet the goals of a privacy-first OS, different from other launchers? I couldn’t spot anything really different.

1 Like

:slight_smile: Good question. The statement was with reference to the /e/ OS and not individual apps. Bliss Launcher is a straight forward launcher similar to other launchers available on the net. It asks for some permissions which you can deny it if you do not want to grant them.
Maybe we can take this as a feedback for future updates to the Launcher.

It’s used for weather widget.

… and the BlissLauncher development also reflects the competence and philosophy of /e/. This is a positive sign to the outside world.

5 Likes

Thank you, this bliss launcher is really great and fast and handy.

But two remarks :

• Why isn’t it possible to uninstall the weather app ?
  • On the first screen on the left, why isn’t possible to delete those widgets : searching, apps suggestions and weather ?
1 Like

Better place your questions and wishes here Any ideas for Bliss improvements?

1 Like

The weather app is currently a system app. These can usually not be removed by simple clicks even with StockROM Abdroid. In the foreseeable future it should be possible to simply uninstall SystemApps.

NB: Delete | Uninstall Weather app is described in more detail in the forum: search :v:

Hey, looks like your issue has been reported here :
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/management/issues/602

Folder not being transparency isn’t an issue.

I never configured it, and I 'd like to remove it because I never use it and it keeps asking for my location after ervery startup, and my location is set to “off”.
But I like Blisslauncher, thank you, it is very nice, beautiful and easy to use.

1 Like

Why not seize the opportunity of making something new in terms of user experience which will make an additional competitive advantage to /e/OS compared to other phone OS ?
Why not make a visual difference compared to other OS ?

It would be good to add a little audacity to this bliss launcher !

2 Likes

Hi @Frederic UI changes are a big part of the v1 updates. The target for v1 is Feb 2020 in line with MWC20.

3 Likes

Waiting with impatience :slight_smile:

PS: keep up the great work :+1:

1 Like

Sounds great. I only hope for transparent folders or just to be able to make them black for oled screens. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish the day comes soon when I’ll be able to remove so called system apps.

2 Likes

I love you /e/ thank you!

3 Likes

Hi is this the right channel to post to about issues with Bliss Launcher?
Mostly I’m already a bit annoyed by the fact that Bliss Launcher constantly forgets my home screen configuration. Forgets Folders, symbol arrangements and the arrangement of symbols in the lower bar.

Hi @heartshapedbox. You can report issues in our gitlab.
You will need a seperate account.

Ok will do. Thx for the hint

Hi is there a way to have a separate home page, screen or app drawer for a work profile using bliss launcher?
(an example of this would be shade launcher)

1 Like

There is no such a feature but I guess you can simply create a new local session/user/account on your phone for work.