Moto G7 Questions Following Fresh eOS Flash

Continuing the discussion from Motorola Moto G7 Plus Model: XT1965-T in USA, Bootloader Unlock?:

@aibd @vernr @efdsys @erothoff @ikarmann @franger @Freedom @Manoj

EDIT: Post is based on install of e-0.16-q-20210415110657-dev-lake

I read up on A/B Partitions/Slots, pretty cool feature for OTA updates and avoiding corruption during them. I have a basic knowledge and I finally was able to flash /e/ to a Moto G7 Plus Model: XT1965-T without any bricks. I now have a few questions. Pictures associated with the questions can be found below. I would appreciate any help on these questions, thanks in advance.

1. I was able to permanently install TWRP from it’s associated .zip file on an external SD after doing the temporary TWRP boot from the .img file but after the /e/ install TWRP was replaced by /e/Recovery, what did I do wrong/why was TWRP overwritten?

2. At the end of the flash TWRP returned the message in red letters, "Unable to find partition for path ‘/cache’ " What did I do wrong here/any fix?

3. When I start the device I am met with a blue Motorola screen and at the top a black section with yellow writing, “Verity mode is set to disable”, what did I do wrong here? Is this anything to worry about? Is there a way to eliminate this message?

4. Can anything be done about the nasty splash page, “Your device software can’t be checked for corruption. Please lock the bootloader.”

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Re your point 4, #2980

1 Like

Thank you. I need to educate myself on how to not miss info like this.

I believe the issue with #1 is because I didn’t reboot after the temporary TWRP boot (fastboot boot twrp.img) and the permanent TWRP.zip flash sideload from my MicroSD card. If I understand correctly, doing so, does something to a partition on the slot making TWRP permanent and not being overwritten by the ROM flash.

After fastboot boot twrp.img I side loaded TWRP and then flashed /e/ from that boot… I’ll retry with a boot to the permanent sideload of TWRP.zip and then the /e/ flash.

EDIT: Nope, I will just move forward with /e/ Recovery.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.