[SOLVED] Need help to build an unofficial nougat /e/ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, espresso3g GT-P3100, GT-P5100, espressowifi GT-P3110, GT-P5110, GT-P3113, GT-P5113

Hello,
I do not have material resources (and not yet experience) to build an /e/OS image for the ROM of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" WiFi GT-P3110 espressowifi
I have installed the official Replicant 6.0
(works slowly and without wifi and camera)
and the Android-Andi’s UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1
(works very well after some reboot, but with the Lineage’s gogol leakage)

I really like /e/ and I should be happy to run it on my child’s tablet

we have a wiki for building lineageOS for this device
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/espressowifi/build

we have a technical description for this device

https://github.com/LineageOS/lineage_wiki/blob/master/_data/devices/espressowifi.yml

https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_espressowifi/

on XDA, there are this Tab 2 general forum, this entry-point forum, and this working ROM forum

some recent well working versions are already aviable for this device
unofficial LineageOS 14.1 espressowifi
unofficial LineageOS 14.1 espresso3g
built by a german guy Xda-profile / Github-profile
And also exist an overclocking kernel

I don’t have the good computer, so I need some help
@builders thank you by advance for your help

… … … … … … … … … … … … … …

:grinning: EDIT : :grinning: it’s done ! :grinning:

you can download the first “/e/ nougat unofficial test builds”
for espresso3g and for espressowifi
by the famous Android-Andi

e-0.9-n-20200618-1754-UNOFFICIAL-espressowifi.zip
e-0.9-n-20200618-1939-UNOFFICIAL-espresso3g.zip

deception : It boot, but on some devices, it often crash !
Lineage builds from the same sources, at the same date, by the same guy, works !..

:cry: End of Life (EoL) → /e/ Request a Device | device-suggestions | Samsung Galaxy Tab2 espressowifi

Suite au sujet work in progress :

Is there someone with a building environnement machine who want to try to build /e/ for this device ?

1 Like

Well, I’ve updated all my local sources and compiled a fresh build of LineageOS 14.1 - is it really worth?
Android 7 never had a good performance on our old loved device.

It was abandoned on Android 4.1.2 by Samsung in most regions, only a small amount of user got official 4.2 builds.

We’ve brought Android 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 5.0, 5.1,6.0 (including all subversions) to it.

Isn’t it time to say R.I.P. Tab 2?

I’ve made 2 adjustments and the build is again compiling. I’ll upload it to my androidfilehost account once it’s ready - but don’t be sad if it’s a slow thing in the end…

I’ve also patched my 4.4.4 ROMs a little bit, going to recompile them too. Maybe you better stick to an 4.4.4 or 6.0.1 Rom as the performance is a lot better on those.

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

I suspect that the performances will not allow for complicated games, that’s not my intention.

Your version of LineageOS 14.1 is fully functional for basic functions (if you are indulgent with the machine).

As I said, I’d like a port of /e/ on this device to simply enjoy the advances in privacy

My 2$ ( inflation)
I purchased a new tab for work. 8 am I punched in, scanned docs on a new car. 8:45 tab hit the floor. Thank God I have insurance. That tab stays home with mama.
My 5113 survived this long. Grandkids used for hockey ( practically). @Android-Andi your 6 builds are pretty good. Seems the guys at ua updated things in December. Everything is good.
Thanks for the build.

I am one of those who “work” at UA (unpaid) :wink: for all of us private life changed and development isn’t active as it was in the past.

Yesterday i took the whole day to update my local sources again and Update 7.1 (April 2020 ASB) and 4.4 ROMs with some security updates. Only on UA Jenkins is currently not working.

Btw. For Nougat builds on Ubuntu 18 people might run into an compilation error depending on flex which can be solved by Cherry-Picking https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_prebuilts_misc/+/229452
else you need to run export LC_ALL=C

1 Like

An Andi’s/e/alpha-build for the Galaxy Tab 2 espresso devices is actually under testing/debugging.
Samsung Galaxy Tab2 espressowifi (two models 7 & 10) :

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Builds are aviables !
you can download
« /e/ unofficial builds nougat »
for espresso3g and for espressowifi