New Gigaset GS290, Android not activated

Today I received my new GS290 and Android is not activated. I guess I have to activate Android before installing e/OS? Right?

Hi ,
Had a couple of questions… Did you purchase the phone from the eShop?
Also by Android not being active do you mean your account not being on the phone ?
If you already have an /e/ ID you can add your account on the phone . It is not mandatory that you should have an /e/ ID to use the phone. You can follow the steps given here to create an account or add an account to the phone.

Hi and thanks for your answer.
I bought the phone at Amazon.se.

What I mean is that when I start the phone for the first time, I have to go through the activation process, sign in to Google etc.
Is it possible to install e/OS in a “clean” phone, i.e. without Android activated?
I have an e-ID.

Yes you can and ideally should enter the /e/ credentials at the setup stage or later through Settings >> User and accounts >> Add account

I am still not clear what you mean by without Android activated if that means without google getting your details then with only an /e/ ID there is no Google intervention.

Is it technically possible to install e/OS without Android activated and running on the phone?

Hope this clarifies :grinning:

If you can enable Developer mode and unlock your device as descibed here, then the answer is : yes :slight_smile:

If you can’t step over Google activation process to start your phone, then I guess that you won’t have no choice.
But I’ll be surprised if it’s mandatory; don’t you have some “Skip” or “Later” labels on google screens ?

Anyway, when installing /e/ all Google data will be removed from your phone, and it won’t call Google servers anymore.

1 Like

I’m trying now and I can step over Google log in and activating it’s services. I could enable Developer mode :grinning:
Thank you.

1 Like