No more AnySoftKeyboard availability after 0.5 upgrade

I just upgraded from 0.1 to 0.5 on mw Fairphone.
The AnySoftKeyboard app seems to be still installed but is no longer enabled. In the keyboard language settings I have no option to set it. Only Android keyboard appears. Also, in F-droid it doesn’t give me the option to download it (because I have it already, probably) and it says “no versions with compatible signature”.

I liked this keyboards and it’s many language dictionaries a lot.

I had the same problem, with a5y17 and fix it, with an app upgrade from aurora store. Not possible from F-froid too.
I’ve lost LibreOffice viewer icon too. I manage launch it from F-droid but i cannot uninstall it or update it…

1 Like

Has libreoffice already been integrated into /e/???

I have installed from f-droid LibreOffice viewer
More information here :
LibreOffice viewer - wiki page

Just a F.Y.I AnySoftKeyboard has been disabled for now as the development team is making some improvements to its source code. The default AOSP Keyboard will remain enabled for now on the builds. We do not have any ETA on when the updates to the AnySoftKeyboard will be completed.

Yes, ASK is not ready yet for integration with /e/. We will add it back (probably) into a V1.

I’ve just installed (from F-droid) ASK on my /e/ 0.6 on fairphone2 with the additionnal french package, and it seems to work fine.

2 Likes

Same experience as @jaileleu. Everything fine on FP2.

1 Like

V1. Really? Not earlier?
Also please check: update is not installing currently on my Fairphone 2 with /e/ Pie: it is stuck on ‘installing’:

I’ve just tried. At least fresh install on FP2 /e/ pie in apps works fine:

Thank you for checking it.

Look, in F-droid I get this:

This morning at 07:32, the /e/ store displayed a AnySoftKey app by oktinastuzi, but before I had the time to try install it, it had switched to the ask@evendanan version again… can anyone help?

EDIT: oktinastuzi version of ASK did not install either.

1 Like

I had to do a fresh install. @ff2u

1 Like

Any plans to get Anysoftkey back as a presinstalled app? I got to know this app through /e/, because it used to be preinstalled, and kept using it because I like it especially how it deals with various languages.

Unfortunately no progress on the customize Anysoftkeyboard for /e/ project. Maybe we should open it up to the community for users with development skills to work on it.