Nokia - 6.1 (2018) - PL2 - Documentation Suggestions

…Enter suggestions to improve documentation in this category. Do not raise bugs or issues here…

Hi! It seems, the installation documentation is outdated. I tried to install /e/ on my Nokia 6.1, but when flashing the recovery image using the command “fastboot flash recovery [filename].img”, I got the error “No such partition”. The exact output in the cmd.exe is:

Sending 'recovery' (36485 KB)                      OKAY [  0.801s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 FAILED (remote: '(recovery_a)
 No such partition')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Since your install guide is a fork of the LineageOS-guide, I checked that one and found out, they advise to use the command “fastboot flash boot [filename].img”. The reason seems to be that the phones with Android 10 are A/B-partitioned (and the available updates for Nokia 6.1 update the phone to Android 10) without a recovery partition, so one needs to flash recovery to the boot partition instead. I have not tried it yet, but I believe this will be the solution. I think the maintainers should have a look at the install guide and update it.

And since I am not a pro-user, it would be great for me to have the guide updated to the current working state. This way I would be certain that I am doing everything right and not bricking my device. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the work you are doing! And great thanks to the maintainers!