Not working apps in Apps Store - pls remove from store

Here we should report apps from Apps Store which won’t work in e and should be removed.
Here the first one —
Snapchat. Login isn’t working. Have trued every known workaround.

5 Likes

yuka (health product app), impossible to login

1 Like

Crypto.com App
Version 3.29.1 (co.mona.android)
Poor privacy rating with a load of trackers, all that aside, it doesn’t even launch. It just displays a message saying please install from Play Store. Reached out to the company and their only answer was I need Goolag play services to use it. So may as well remove it from /e/ appStore

1 Like

Interesting idea for a topic.
The App Installer is picking up app names as suggested by users. The actual test is by users who try them out. If there is no way for them to work or they are not fit to be on the /e/ App Installer, then the apps might as well be taken out.

3 Likes

VHS Camcorder Lite (VHS Cam) :vhs::video_camera: Original VHS App
Version 1.3.8
Licensing issue within the application at start.
(also, “a friend of mine” already tested it, and with a cracked version of the original app, and he got similar issue on a regular android build.)

Curio - can’t recover password; can’t login.

An issue has been created in Gitlab to track this.
The issue details has also been shared with the development team who should be coming around with a solution for this.

BRD Bitcoin Wallet. Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, crypto.
Version 3.11.1
Security signature issue when doing anytype of transactions withing the app. (Might be related to the banking apps workaround which need root, Will test soon) Nope, Still ain’t working. If I translate the screenshot more literally, he says that this version od Android cause it to fail, maybe because it’s /e/ ? Their provided link redirect to a 404 page.

@harvey186 Did you try magisk to pass safetynet check?

My testing is on a One Plus X with a one day old install. I have a list of games that install with no errors but will not run:
Vedantu: Offers Google or Facebook login which must fail. Signup fails.
OLA TV Pro: Opens with a dialog titled “Pirated”. The message says this is a modified or pirated version, install original app. On OK the app exits
Last Survivor: offers to load google play (in Russian), fails and hangs on the splash screen.
Treasure Hunters: Dialog “Treasure Hunter has stopped” repeats
PMrecut: Hangs on corporate logo screen
DeathRace: Hangs on splash screen
Overkill3: Attempts to download resources. Fails.
All working games are full of useless adds for Google aps.
From my point of view they are all broken.

Township : can’t access network (when other apps manage to, of course).

I did not find a working app which would be able to change the MAC address of the device.

Is there maybe such an app in the store? Did not see one.

Hi,

Here is the one I use. Need root access :

1 Like

Is there any hidden camera detector app in the app store?

I just noticed that the app Get ID just crashes after install.

Great, thanks. There is also Mac Address Ghost.

Fedilab is not working for me.

OnOff app. Developers saying that they “do not support e/ OS on, unfortunately.”

Probably not deleted right away, but maybe flash-marked - I have a few apps that did not work for some time but (i.e. after a MicroG update) then suddenly reworked.

PilferShush Jammer does not seem to install for some reason. There are alternatives though.