OS Upgrade - need volunteers to test official FP2 pie build

Hi, @breversa
I made a Telegram account only for this testing purpose.

I am assuming you are writing about the FP2 …you can always volunteer. Though as @pjmbraet said having a telegram ID helps as the links are all posted on the testing channel. You can always delete the ID after you are done with the testing.

1 Like

sent a message for testing

I will get soon a FP2, and I am planning to install /e/. I will let you know @Manoj and sign up then (like in one week or so). Would that be ok?

Hi Manoj,
How far did you get with pie for FP2? Do you still need volunteers? I could join.

HI @gautgaut, we are done with the FP2 testing…hope to release it for all users this week. Thanks for offering to help with the testing all the same.

1 Like

any news for the build? I got my FP2 today, so I’d like to install /e/! :wink:

You can install /e/ now. As long as your device is not encrypted (at least until the upgrade) you can even upgrade from nougat to pie as soon as official pie is out.

Personally, I would wait.

We will release the FP2 official Pie build on Monday 10 - Feb. We had to complete the release for all the other devices first so the release got a bit delayed.

2 Likes

Pie is there:
https://images.ecloud.global/dev/FP2/ e-0.7-p-2020020840484-dev-FP2.zip
But also the last build for Nougat. For upgrade from Nougat to Pie choose this one first:
e-0.7-p-2020020640216-dev-FP2.zip
and update after that.

1 Like

Personally I’m waiting for tomorrow to have the official launch announcement and instructions from /e/ team directly instead of from a user.

Same for me, I’ll wait the official instructions as I’m not so confident to do it by myself.
I found great that eelo offers us the possibility to be able to upgrade from Nougat to Pie.
I there a recommended way to move to Pie ? Is a completely new installation is better ?

These remarks I don’t understand. @pjmbraet isn’t a nobody. And the /e/ OS ROMs are from the official /e/ ROM latest dev build downloads site …

As this thread has been initiated by Manoj I was expecting an official message from him and not a tester. I’m not as aware as you and I’m a low level user so I need clear instructions not a short 4 lines message on a forum. I understand that pjmbraet wanted to let us know that the “files” are already available, but it is not the “official” eelo communication, isn’t it ?

By the way, what is the minimum required version of TWRP that shall be used ?

Hi @Alt0216 the documentation for the device will be updated on wiki once the upgrade release comes out.
You would get the TWRP version details on it.

Thanks for the update.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for this update!
I will probably take the opportunity to clean my FP2 by reinstalling from scratch.
But do you have a hint on how long will it take to get the updater app support upgrades from one Android version to another?

Is there any risk of bricking the phone by installing pie with TWRP 3.0.2.0? Or should I always be able to apply the backup?
If there is no risk, is there any good reason for me to upgrade my TWRP version to 3.2.3.0?