Pocophone & Pie

Sounds like firmware mismatch bugs, no gravity kenel is only helping with ghost touches… To solve the problems You can try installing different firmware package versions (only firmware not the complete ROM) maybe you can find one that solve your errors… Remember to use pie firmware only :slight_smile:

My next problem is that when i flash miui (version doesnt matter) back onto the phone, miui locks the phone. The steps in order to gain acces to the phone again are:

• connect the phone to wifi
  • activate the device by filling in your Mi account’s password

Now i have the correct password, the only problem is that when i want to connect the phone to a wifi network, i select a network and a password window appears, but it doesnt show a keyboard so i can’t fill in the password. So im stuck…

You know there are firmware only packages, that you can flash with /e/ on it, with these you only change change the firmware version and not the whole system… It is really good too resolve these firmware mismatches …

Now, i solved the problem with activating my device. New problem; i followed the plan to flash /e/ on my phone but in the end when i flash /e/ on my devic, i get the error:

ERROR: This package requires firmware from MIUI 9.6.20 developer build or newer. I have tried several firmware versions of 9.6.20 and higher until MIUI 10, but every time i get the same error. Any1 knows how to proceed?

@Eelo. It is of course a bit difficult giving advice on distance. But what I am understanding that there are issues that you are accumulating.

Let’s start in the beginning.

• To get /e/ running you need to flash the appropriate MIUI version first.
  • There’s one thing to keep in mind: The MIUI version v9.xxx, v10.xxx or v11.xxx is not necessary to Android 9, Android 10 and Android 11, so before flashing make sure that you flash MIUI with the appropriate Android in the back. It’s confusing, but when you download MIUI from Xiaomifirmwareupdater, they usually specify the Android version.
  • Another thing with reflashing MIUI is that if you take the recovery version, the system is relocked - as you experienced. It is not hard at all to unlock if the phone had been unlocked before but it is a bit time consuming. I agree. A solution could be to use the fastboot version of MIUI (from Xiaomifirmwareupdater as well). The process of flashing is a bit different. The big advantage you can choose if you want to get the device locked or unlocked. For further reading just check this source for instance: https://www.thecustomdroid.com/install-miui-fastboot-rom-using-miflash-tool-xiaomi/
  • Another help for unlocking a phone, installing official or custom ROMs is the XiaomiToolV2. It is really a nice tool but I am not suggesting it entirely in good conscience as for me unlocking a ROM and flashing TWRP on it worked perfectly, but personally I had some hickups installing /e/. But for other people it is the best tool ever. Indeed, if it works everything in integrated and quite comfortable.
  • Once you have put MIUI (Android 9!!!) on your device and you return to TWRP make sure that you you delete partions on your device (Data, Cache, Dalvik, System). Instructions you find here; https://www.getdroidtips.com/wipe-data-using-twrp-recovery/
    That takes just a few minutes and that’s all.
    Hope that you find your way through the jungle - successfully.
3 Likes

Hi, i didn’t find a way to send you a private message so i’ll ask my question here.

I’d like to install /e/ on my phone using XiaomiTool v2 but i can’t find out which steps to follow.

Do you have any recommendation ? I only achieve to install the .img file via “Mods, root and twrp” then “custom reovery”.

Sorry for my english !

Hi. What IMG file are you talking about? /e/ ROMs are usually ZIP files…

Unlocking Xiaomi phones is always a hassle - especially as the procedure and possible waiting time is depending on phone models and procedures changes sometimes. With Xiaomitool V2 I sometimes have hickups as well, bu hey, it is still beta (until recently it was an alpha version).

I usually use Xiaomitool V2 in doing one step after the other and not asking a locked phone right away installing a custom ROM.

• UNLOCKING. If you haven’t done so: Unlock your phone using Xiaomitool V2 or by following any other description in the internet for unlocking your phone.
  • TWRP. Then: use Xiaomitool V2 for installing TWRP
  • NEW ROM: I usually don’t use for the last step, I download the /e/ version I need from e.foundation’s website put it on your phone, start TWRP and install /e/. But you can do the same thing by downloading the ROM to the computer, starting Xiaomitool V2 and go to the section “Custom ROM, not official” to install /e/.

Hope that helps.

Well there’s an .img file for “Booting a custom recovery using fastboot” in the recommendations to instal /e/ os on my phone (https://doc.e.foundation/devices/lavender/install) befor installing the ROM.

My bad i forgot to specify that i already unlock my phone, thanks to Xiaomitool V2.

Thanks for the advices !

Have a nice day