[POLL] Which device(s) you would like /e/ to support next?

LG V20 - VS995 and the other variants.

Thank you, this is an exciting project!

1 Like

Hi, has anyone ported /e/ on Oneplus 6 ?

1 Like

I would like to have th BQ U Pro

I really need to change my iPhone 6. I am looking for a device of the same size (like iPhone X, Galaxy S10e…) but compatible (or soon) with /e/. The most important characteristic I will look at, except the size, will be photo quality.
Any advice ? S10e is a bit too expensive…

I finally choose the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, so please, make it compatible with /e/!

1 Like

@Strosse Yes!!!
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S for sure!!!

Yes, OnePlus 6? Definitely!

1 Like

Please support Samsung A6, Thanks!

Please add Samsung J6.
Many thanks.

Like two other people, Samsung Galaxy J3 2016 (SM-J320FN) would be great.

But any other recent phone under 150€ (200€ if it REALLY worth it) without facial recognition or fingerprint sensor would be great too (I would buy it).

Yes Please!!!
Please support Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S!!

1 Like

2 things:

FIRST: It would be really good to enlarge the portfolio of devices for /e/ by some recently published devices that are easily available in shops - ideally at least one…

1. …high end device,
  2. …mid-ranger (up to 300€),
  3. …lower end device (up to 150€),
  4. …mid/higher-end phone with smaller form factor.

I am aware that the availability of LineageOS for newly publish phones is not obvious at all, but I guess it would create a lot of disappointment when people figure out that they cannot buy a new phone for a newly published OS (/e/).

SECOND: I recently had a look on the list of devices that are most actively supported for LineageOS (https://www.lineageoslog.com/statistics). Among the Top 30 there are only very few not being supported by /e/. That’s good news! What is missing for now: Samsung S5 (no. 4) and Xiaomi Redmi 4x (no. 13). Why not including them? Both are still widely spead.

2 Likes

Great idea!!!:+1: definitely need high-end model

I think we have a kind of catch 22 devicewise.
On the one hand there are privacy aware nerds (according to my collegae) like myself who like to have a new preferable high or mid end device. But there is no support for it by lineage because it takes some time.

On the other hand there are people having an older device which recieves no updates because the manifactuerer abandoned support. They are only searching to extend life of there device. I wonder if lots of these folks will install /e/.

Another point: I dont see it happened my dad or girlfriend buying a new phone and “hacking” it.

Hope /e/ community can develop a plan to break this catch 22.

2 Likes

catch 22

2 Likes

Just an explanation of what a catch 22 is for those not living in the United States in order to understand your post, according to the wikipedia link shared by @andrelam.

“Strictly speaking, a “Catch-22” is “a problematic situation for which the only solution is denied by a circumstance inherent in the problem or by a rule.” For example, losing something is typically a conventional problem; to solve it, one looks for the lost item until one finds it. But if the thing lost is one’s glasses, one cannot see to look for them — a Catch-22. The term “Catch-22” is also used more broadly to mean a tricky problem or a no-win or absurd situation.”

3 Likes

i’m dutch :wink: we use catch 22 also. Didn’t realise it isn’t globally used.

Glad I didn’t use the dutch saying “Tom Poes verzin een list!”

1 Like

I’m Dutch too, never heard of it :slight_smile: Tom Poes wel haha.

2 Likes

Sony Xperia 10 added to open devices program :+1: nice new device, love the new screen size.

2 Likes

Redmi Note 7 & Redmi 7 would make a lot a people happy!

1 Like