PostFinance app crashes

OK, I have tried on all my devices. With root and without root and with my hacks. App is always crashing :frowning: Sorry :frowning:

Thanks a lot for checking. I will get back to the Bank…

wish you much luck. But I fear, they will tell you to use a google phone. That’s what my bank has told me.

They did not tell me to use a Google phone which is a good start. Apparently, the latest update was to fix issues with Android 10.
A major update is expected at the end of October.

I think you haven’t told them that you are using a googlefree mobile phone, or am I wrong :wink:

I did tell them that the “phone is WITHOUT original Google Play Services”. So, I remain confident that there will be a fix…

great, but I fear, they don’t know what does it mean. the only thing they know is how to pull money out of their customers’ pockets.

All refurbished /e/ smartphones work on Android basis 7 or 8 (e-0.7-n-) or (e-0.7-o-). Also my self flashed phone “only” works with (e-0.7-n-).

The advantage of an e-pie phone seems to be serious. When can /e/ OS ROMs on a 9-pie basis be expected for the public? I don’t want to talk about Android 10 (Q) ROMs yet.

NB: @harvey186 knows my banking apps problems

I figured this might be a problem with MicroG and submitted a bug report on their github: https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/issues/946

Maybe someone over there will come up with a solution :slight_smile:

How do you figured out ?

Well, the app works fine with GApps, so since MicroG aims to replace the GApps it might be able to deal with this problem. Also there are several other apps crashing on startup with a similar (although not the same) error mentioned in the bugs on MicroG. Twitter is one of them.

You can try downloading Twitter from Aurora Store and see if it works.

Thank you… i don’t use twitter, it just turned up, when i tried to find apps with a similar issue to the one postfinance had in the microg bugs. i just used it here as an example.

Sorry, but gapps doesn’t have anything to do with microG. Gapps are google apps and microG is a replacenent of PlayServices.
So I st8ll don’t know how you figured out, that the vanking app crash has something to do with micoG.

Normally the apps are crashing because if root acailable or because original playservices are notvavailable or because Saftynet fails or because tge app us not downloaded from playstore.

Sorry, you are right. I meant play services but wrote gapps instead. Also I might be wrong with my assumption that microg can fix the issue, in which case i am also sorry for mentioning it. I meant well and just thought it was fairly likely so I filed the bug report.

1 Like

Pls, don’t post it in different sections. Could you please delete it on the other sections or here so we have only one. thx

Nice, I will link this in my HowTo.

Hi
Can you please more specific on how to make postfinance working on a rooted s7.
The additional modul is installed, but neither the props command in terminal does work nor do I have an idea what exactly has to be done now.
Thank you

The documentation for the MagiskHide Props Config , is here. I haven’t tried it and also I don’t know what I am supposed to do yet. If I find out I will let you know.

Some more FAQ on SafetyNet can be found here:
https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHideSafetyNet