Questions Before I Switch

Hello,

I am using a OnePlus 7 Pro on Lineage. I haven’t had any major problems, but I want more safeguards to get further away from Google. Before I switch, I want to ask a few questions, so here goes:

1. I don’t want an iPhone. I bought an Android phone because I want Android. All the screenshots I have seen suggest that /e/ is built to look like iOS. I plan on using a custom launcher, but I am wondering if the iOS cloning stops once you leave the launcher, or if it follows you throughout the entire phone, and if so can you turn it off?

Edit: This does seem to only effect the launcher.

1. Notifications have been the biggest deal. I have already given up Slack and ProtonMail notifications on Lineage, but are there any plans to build a way for apps to have notification support?

Edit: It looks like I can use MicroG to get notifications.

1. Does /e/ require an account, or is it purely optional to enable support for things like calendar or email? What features do I gain/miss out on by creating (or not creating) an account?

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate what you guys are doing here, it is very important work and I am glad someone is doing it :slight_smile:

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1. you can replace the launcher with any launcher you want.

2. Notifications will work as same way as on LOS with MicroG

3. No e-account is required

Thanks! I am flashing now.

good luck and I hope you will enjoy eOS

Optional and useful.
Cloud storage (1 GB), online office (currently onlyoffice), SMS sync (some devices) and some other things

Yeah it is amazing. I’ve been using it for the last 2 days now, basically the same experience as lineage with less g**gle crap.