Samsung Galaxy J5 2015 upgrade to Pie

Hi,

Since j5nlte, j5ltechn and j5lte are currently on Oreo, it’s probably not a priority to upgrade them to Pie. But I still ask for the upgrade to show at least one person is interested.
I don’t think this phone has one day been supported by LineageOS. So I redirect to unofficial builds :

j5nlte
j5ltechn
j5lte
j5xnlte (don’t know which J5 it is but I still share it)

I’ve never tested it on my j5nlte since I don’t know if the anti-rollback thing could be an issue for my phone.

Its only used for stock roms by some vendors for some devices,like Xiaomi for Redmi Note 5,its safe for custom roms.

1 Like

Good to ear, thank you !

@Anonyme, Samsung’s Galaxy J5N LTE “j5nlte” SM-J500FN supported by /e/ OS is not subject to the risk of “the anti-rollback thing” because the latest StockROm Android 6.0.1 does not support the bootloader and modem issues of StockROM Android Oero 8.0.0 devices such as the Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-520F.

On a S5 SM-G900F, also last StockROM version Android 6.0.1, I already tried all possible custom ROMs. For example LOS 14.1, 15.0, 16.0, 17.0, but also others. One and the same bootloader/modem version from stockROM 6.0.1 cooperated with all custumROM versions without any problems.

1 Like

I was the only one asking but I still link to the unofficial build :