Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (SM-G800F)

Hello, can you make /e/ on Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (SM-G800F).
Or is possible to use /e/ for Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE (klte) also on Galaxy S5 mini ?
Thank you.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

5 Likes

Hi all,
+1, also interested by a build for Samsung Galaxy S5 mini.
Thanks

also interested because it looks like a cheep small phone

Me too. I’m interested as well.

That would be great!

I’m currently using a non-official ROM found on XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5-mini/development/unofficial-xenonhd-7-1-t3604837

Here’s the entry point for all S5 mini ROMs on XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5-mini/development

There seems to be mostly (only?) unofficial ROMs… hence no or little updates. Would be great to see a /e/ ROM here!

1 Like

Hi,

+1

Also interested for a S5 mini build. Although I won’t be any help on the specs, I’m new to the whole thing, sorry…

Also intersted for the S5 mini ! +1

1 Like

Same here! Would love to see it!

i made an unofficial build that i posted in this topic: [UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Unofficial Pi/e/ Community Build for Samsung Galaxy S5 mini - kminilte (G800F/G800M/G800Y). i did not test the build !

+1 small but quite powerful phone (if you consider its age)

1 Like

Chimpthepimp was so nice to make an unofficial build. At first I had bad luck and bought a defective phone but the 2nd one works w/o problems:

https://community.e.foundation/t/unofficial-build-unofficial-pi-e-community-build-for-samsung-galaxy-s5-mini-kminilte-g800f-g800m-g800y/13800/25

It would be really nice getting this phone official supported!

Thx.

1 Like

Thanks to Chimpthepimp for the unofficial pie/e/build for Galaxy S5 mini. I’m just testing this out and I’m actually happy everything works as it should. I have been running the S5 mini with the Lineage ROM’s from Spookcity for a long time. Spookcity publishes an up-to-date version every month. Question: Do you plan updates at some point, or is there a chance to include the S5 mini in the official list due to updates?

Thank you

1 Like

Glad you like it :slight_smile: i will update eventually, could be that i find time next week… :slight_smile:

Thanks for the offer but there is no hurry! It was just a matter of whether I see a future for myself and /e/ Os and can continue to try it out. By the way, I also registered in the German-language forum and I think I have already seen you there.

1 Like

That could be very well :smiley:

I am one more ( s5mini G800F kminilte ) user…For official support !
as for the s4mini, thanks again @Chimpthepimp !

+1 for S5 Mini.

I’ve an old S5 Mini that i want to use with /e/ os.

You can use /e/ on your s5mini, as i do with the excellent unofficial Pie version, but with security patch from May 2020, and no promises of update.
Awaiting it will be officially supported…

1 Like

Hi, I tested this version. Unfortunately, GPS does not work. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?