[SOLVED] Enable /e/ account only for certain uses

I have enabled an account /e/ only for notes (it is impossible to use the app without an account) and contacts.
but I noticed that - once enabled - also all the images and various settings of the phone are automatically shared on the nextcloud of /e/. e
i just want to use the notes and save some contacts. i don’t want to share everything in the cloud. is it possible?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

2 Likes

Hi @p0t4 this is a valid concern. Pl can you raise this as a bug in gitlab so that the issue can be tracked and closed.

1 Like

I opened a bug in gitlab.

in case there are no quick fixes, how can I delete the account /e/ from the phone once created?
I believe that if “your data is YOUR data” it is important to ensure that each application can work locally and disconnected from the cloud.

Sadly the Notes app can’t be used without an account. You can download another note app, like “S. Notes”.
This issue has already been raised on the gitlab.

If you want to remove the association between your account and your phone, go in Settings > Accounts > your /e/ account > Remove account.

If you want to completely delete your /e/ account, you have to go to https://ecloud.global (in maintenance for now), and in the settings you will fond an option to delete the account.

I just found out that under Settings > Accounts > your /e/ account you can select what you want to sync to the cloud. so problem solved. sorry

1 Like