[SOLVED] SwissCovid on FP2

I am using an FP2 with the latest /e/ release 0.16-20210416110816, and I am very happy with it. Unfortunately, since ever, the SwissCovid app does not work. If I try to activate tracing, it says:

17: API: Nearby.EXPOSURE_NOTIFICATION_API is not available on this device. Connection failed with: ConnectionResult{statusCode=CANCELED, resolution=null, message=null}

Any idea how I could make that API available? I read that on FP3 it works…

The microG Exposure Notification Framework / API is disabled by default in /e/ OS. (Don’t ask why - it’s a depressing story :frowning: ). You can enable it as follows:

• Open Apps
  • Select Categories (second button from the left in the menu bar at the bottom of the screen)
  • Scroll Down and select ‘System Apps’
  • the only item there should be the ‘microG Exposure Notification version’
  • select ‘Install’

After the installation, in Settings | System | Advanced | MicroG, you should now see, juts below Location Modules,

Exposure Notifications
Off

Next time you run SwissCovid, it should ask you if you want to enable Exposure Notifications.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Worked perfectly, thanks a lot!
I can well understand why it is disabled, but I do not understand why it has to be installed separately (and not just installed but disabled). But I am sure this has already been discussed extensively, and I won’t restart a discussion here :wink:
Anyway… if those that are looking for it pass by this thread, they find the solution. I guess that searching for “SwissCovid FP2” will link to here.

1 Like