Sustaphones - searching and finding sustainable hardware and software

I just came across an interesting website that I wanted to share you you.
The website sustaphones supports

• people who want to use a Custom ROM to find a device for it and
  • people how have a device and are searching an appropriate Custom ROM.

/e/OS is featured in it as well.

https://www.sustaphones.com/

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

5 Likes
  • Inclusion of size (great fan of phonesized.com and similar) must soon show up in their issue tracker
  • I like the “does a ifixit battery-repair guide exist?” checkbox!

Using ifixit “repairability scores” directly for inclusion into lists isn’t possible without an explicit agreement between orgs though, as iFixit content is licensed CC BY-NC-SA, for example the /e/ smartphone selector is licensed CC BY-SA. Embedding the scores is not possible for /e/ foundation website itself then or licensing info has to be changed, I’m not too sure on this. I did contact ifixit on this though once

Sustaphone itself cites sources as

Made with wiki data from the LineageOS project (licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0) mixed with data, including images, from the the iFixit API (licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) and data from LineageOS Phones by Spec by nobodywasishere, with his permission.

I think they can do this as there’s no commercial component (affiliate links etc)

Interesting, but a couple of possible improvements:

• It does not take into account unofficial builds. e.g. for Sony Xperia Z5 Compact, it shows the latest LOS version as 14.1, when there are well supported unofficial builds up to and including 19.1
  • no mention of Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (lilac). I guess they are looking only at officially supported devices. I can understand why they do that, but it would be good to point people to the relevany XDA forum thread, so they can at least see what unofficial builds are available

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.