Tablet request: Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 (LTE) (2016)

Hi,
I would like to request a version of /e/ for the following device:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0" (LTE)
Model-number: SM-T715

I have noticed that there is a version for a very similar device, namely the WiFi-only version of this tablet. (with model-number SM-T713). For more information about this version:

I just mention it in case this version can be used to make the LTE version.

Thank you for considering my question,
Robbert

Hi @Robbert,

I am interested in your question (I thought that, if /e/OS worked on the wifi version of a device, it would work on the wifi+4G version as well…), let’s see the answers from the experts :slight_smile:

Hi Sonyxa2,
Thank you for your response.
I admit that I have no idea on whether the wifi only version can be used on the wifi+4G version or not.
But before studying the tutorials and before trying to install the OS, I thought it would be a good idea to adress this topic on the forum first.
But no response seems to come.

To sonyxa2:
Do you maybe have any experience with wifi-only versions that function on wifi+4G versions of some hardware you own?

Thank you,

Kind regards,
Robbert

Hi @Robbert,

Unfortunately I have a very limited experience, only with (you might have guessed) a Sony XA2 smartphone (you can see that from the posts in the forum) … and no more devices compatible with /e/OS. Actually, I do have an old smarphone Samsung SM-G386F, but if I am not wrong, it was not considered (but let me check again, if I am not wrong, I tried to require it in the past…)

From this post, it seems there is 1 request for this model:

OK, I understand it will not happen soon :slight_smile:

Hi, sorry for my late response. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
Have a good Pentecost weekend!
Robbert

I’ve tried changing the files from the vewifi to the velte. It worked. File here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rl2i5tfutm7lwg4/e-0.23-p-20220412177701-dev-gts28velte-modified.zip/file

1 Like

I don’t know if updates work. But it’s an old tablet, so I figured it doesn’t really matter. I don’t expect many anyways.
Device model is shown wrong, of course, and LTE won’t work.
And the stock launcher doesn’t seem to be able to turn into landscape, so find another one on F-Droid. I use Lawnchair.

1 Like

Hi @Taylor,

I might have missed the purpose of all this …
Do you have a wifi version of the device and the ROM for the LTE is more up to date?

I made an unofficial build for this device that you can try

1 Like

sonyxa2, there is no rom for the LTE version at all, so we installed the WiFi rom on the LTE to have /e/ on the LTE at all.

Thank you @Taylor for the answer. It is now clear to me

I did a build also for LTE if you want to try

Do post it in case people want to try.

did it already. Please see here

1 Like