The /e/OS Installer arrives!

It does. Perfect. Many thanks @Manoj. Cheers.

Why is this not F/LOSS?

Welcome in the forum :slight_smile:

Since everybody will be able to contribute, I guess it will be published in our GitLab.

One step at a time :slight_smile: First we need to release it in its present form for all users. Then the code will also be available on gitlab for external developers to take a crack at it.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot you for your answer. Would you be able to give us a release date for the Linux version now that the week is over?

It should be in this coming week. We are going through the process of adding it to the snap store. That way it will show up like this…

8 Likes

Thank you for the update, that’s a great news! Will it be possible to get it with flatpack as well?

wow impressive. When is the windows version planned?

Will need to check and get back.

Flatpack may not be available right now. The plan is to open up the source for all users . That way developers from the community can help with further enhancements.

Source is in Gitlab! Works very easy :grinning: Leeco is not supported :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Nice work /e/ team!

1 Like

There is a lot of scope for enhancement in the code. Users with development experience can step in and add more or at the least their own devices and increase the coverage.

2 Likes

oh wow, I was under the assumption it was a CLI tool but from the screenshots it seems to be a GUI.

Indeed, cool looking GUI. I’m fiddling around with it, trying to get my Leeco working.

1 Like

hi Manoj, is there an update on this? Which devices are currently supported?

The documentation is being prepared for the installer. It should be released either today EOD or tomorrow latest. In the version coming out it supports these Samsung devices.

Samsung Galaxy S7 – Exynos only
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge – Exynos only
Samsung Galaxy S9 – Exynos only
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus – Exynos only

2 Likes

Great stuff, thanks for your dedication and everyone’s who works on /e/.
Is it possible to use this installer to install /e/ on a S9 updated to android 9 or 10, since the /e/ version for the S9 is still android 8 or would that be problematic? I’d like to have a clear answer about that.

Not sure all such combinations have been tested.
The installer should be released in a day or two. We have a display size related bug which we are fixing - the UI image needs to adjust to the latest high resolution screens. It works perfectly on slightly older screens. Like my screen resolution is 1600 x 900 (16:9) and it works perfectly. Need to fix issues for 1920x1080 screens.
Once released users can test out various combinations and report what works and what does not. Since it will be a community project developers from the community can also make patches and improvements.

Thank you for your answer but I really wish someone could tell me for sure if it’s possible to install /e/ S9 version (android 8) on an up to date S9 (android 10) since the aim of the easy installer is for people to be able to do it themselves with already used smartphones that most probably will be up to date.

Which version stockROM Android 10 do you have on your S9 SM-G960F “starlte”? I need a clear indication of the PDA :

G960FXXU8DTC5 [Security patch 04.2020]
G960FXXS7DTB5 [Security patch 03.2020]
G960FXXS7DTAD [Security patch 02.2020]
G960FXXU7DTAA [Security patch 01.2020]

More Info → Galaxy S9 support