The iOS launcher does not let me use /e/

I like the project and find it more secure than LineageOS for microG, however, the damn launcher annoys me so much and I think it is not only me.

It doesn’t accept to install LineageOS official launcher or any other launcher fully. I removed the iOS launcher with sudo privileges and the rom glitched, it seems some shortcuts depends on the iOS launcher to function well… Can you guys provide a version without this launcher or something more Android-like? I don’t know, a minimal version maybe?

Do you really enjoy the default launcher? I find it too boring and limited in features. I don’t hate Apple, but I’m a true Android guy I’ve always been. I don’t want people to see me using an Android with iOS-like appearance, for them it may sound like you’re too poor for getting a real iPhone and need to copy iOS appearance to think you’re actually using Apple.

Make sure any launcher you install is then set as the default App in Settings - Apps & notifications - Default apps - Home app.

I installed Lawnchair and I’m using it without any problem.

1 Like

The goal of android: you can install that launcher what you want.
No need for removing. Install a better launcher like open launcher or zim launcher ir my personal favorite total launcher and enjoy eOS

Welcome in the community :slight_smile:

You are free to install and use any launcher.

You could even build your own custom build with the launcher you want.

A launcher has a lot to do with personal taste or what one is used to.
Personally, I love it, because it is simple.
If you are looking for the Lineage Launcher Trebuchet, you can find it here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-lineageos-15-trebuchet-laucher-rom-t3667436

And: welcome to the /e/community by the way :slight_smile: