Toast popups not appearing under Galaxy S5 (klte) version?

I’m running /e/ on my Galaxy S5 (klte), and toast popups are not appearing when apps generate them. This is the latest klte build.

Has anyone else encountered this issue under /e/, and if so, is there any way to correct it? I haven’t been able to find anything within the Settings which seems to control this.

Or perhaps is this a known problem?

Thank you very much in advance.

Mhm, what is a Toast popup ???

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/notifiers/toasts

Toasts are the little popups that show up with messages from apps.
By default, they are usually small rectangular popups with rounded corners that appear near the bottom of the screen.

Lots of apps make use of these, and I have never used a ROM where they did not work … until now.

Mhm, I’m out. Can’t remember ever (active) seen these kind of messages.
If there is no one who knows about, I would prefer to test it with lineageOS

Here’s how to get a typical toast under Lineage …

• Go to Settings->System->Developer Options
  • Enable “Kill app back button” (it’s probably near the bottom of Developer Options)
  • Open up any app, for example, “Browser”
  • Hold down the “Back” button for a few seconds.
  • The app will be killed, and a little rectangle with rounded corners will pop up containing the message “Application killed”. That is a “Toast”.

Yes I know now what it is, but never really seen. Could be that there was one, but nit registered.

That’s why I can’t help you. Sorry.

And theses toasts are available on lineage ? Than they should normally also available in eOS

Yes, toasts are available under Lineage and under every version of Android that has ever been released. They are a very basic part of that OS and have been so since the beginning.

And, I’m embarrassed to say that it turns out that I was on the wrong track. I wasn’t testing this properly, and I indeed can see the toasts now on my /e/ device.

I’m sorry for the false alarm!

No problem and … i have learned something new :slight_smile: