Troubles with easy installer for fairphone 4

I managed to unlock the bootloader using the easy installer, however I had to close the easy installer (because it wouldn’t continue with the installation) and now when I redo the whole process, everything is fine until trying to unlock (the already unlocked) bootloader. the progress bar fills up to the end then stops and nothing else happens. Is anyone familiar with this problem, or can give me a heads up in any direction?

My fp4 managed the installation with the easy installer but i cant lock the bootloader anymore

Tried it again and it worked. I think I was a bit too impatient last time, had to wait a bit after progress bar filled up.
However bootloader isn’t locked either.

I found this thread regarding the bootloader issue. I’m not sure I’m gonna try it, however. If you do let me know, will you? :slight_smile:

I followed first checked the lock ability and then followed the official guide for locking the bootloader, worked like a charm. Only problem there is a typo in the fairphone guide it should be “fastboot flashing lock_critical” instead of “fastboot flashing lock_critcal”

Hi, I encounter the same issue with Easyinstaller on my FP4… Can you please detail what you mean by “checking the lock ability”, and provide a link for the official guide for locking the bootloader your refer to. This would help me a lot, I am new to all this and I am completely lost…

You can check this by fastboot:

Or you can check OEM unlock status on settings->developer options. It should be “enabled” to be on the safe side (if anything goes wrong when locking the bootloader you can unlock it again to fix it).

See section “locking the bootloader” here:

https://doc.e.foundation/devices/FP4/install

Many thanks ! It helps me a lot !

1 Like