Unable to install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy S5 G900V (verizon) eMMC CID 11

Hi Archje,
Sucked it, didn’t see lol. It blew away my recovery, so I have used the app to restore my backup recovery.
A good idea though :slight_smile:

The problem could be the Device I could choose. The only one that even went close was Oacenia, Americas and all I could see of the model was SM ??? The other options models were incorrect.
I’ll give Odin3 a go when I get my hands on a windows box.

Oh yes I saw all of the images and even though it said it was successful, it’s just that it wasn’t.

Is your device an eMMc CID 11 or 15 ?

Have you checked if your SM-G900V has:

• Reactivation lock [ Tap: Apps > Select Settings > Settings > Security : Reactivation lock ]
  • encrypted partitions, e.g. /data

I had the following choice:

https://ecloud.global/s/WLNbK68xnC8CRWm

See also:
TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S5 Qualcomm
Download Links:
International, Americas, and Oceanic (SM-G900F, SM-G900W8, SM-G900T, SM-G900M, SM-G900P, SM-G900V, SM-G900I)

My eMMC CID starts with “11” …

Reactivation lock is disabled
USB debugging is enabled
Nothing is encrypted
I choose the same options as you with the exception of the twrp file, I downloaded it and installed it from the sdcard.
Mine is an 11 too.
When I flashed the recovery and it said successful I then powered off the device to get into recovery. Perhaps if I pop the battery out instead of powering off??
I’ll give it a try in the morning, it’s getting late here now.

Thanks for your help and persistence, it’s very much appreciated.

Cheers

Yeah! → Remove the battery for a few seconds

Unfortunately no joy with popping the battery out, though I caught a very quick error message when I go into recovery, it was " No Version" then it popped up the FAIL warning screen.
I am arranging the loan of a win10 laptop on the coming weekend so when it arrives I’ll try the method you sent.
I know that Verizon make it very difficult to unlock the bootloader, perhaps my problem is some baggage related to their efforts to lock the phone down.
Is your phone from Verizon?

Samsung’s Odin3 is easy to use and works effectively. But if the bootloader is blocked in the device, it cannot install TWRP.

I know my Galaxy S5 SM-G900F (Europe version) as a robust and uncomplicated phone. The versions of Samsung Galaxy S5 (USA) SM-G900V (Verizon); G900R4 (US Cellular) and G900P (Sprint) I only know by hearsay. But it is well known that the US carriers protect their terrain and make the devices almost inaccessible.

I keep my fingers crossed that you will find a solution and we can soon welcome you as /e/ user.

I hope so, I’ll keep you posted when I manage to have a go at it through Odin.

Thanks again
Cheers

Hi Archie,

Unfortunately I have had no success with Odin at all, the following errors were reported:
ID:0/005 Removed!!
ID:0/005 Added!!
ID:0/005 Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)…
ID:0/005 File analysis…
ID:0/005 Total Binary size: 9 M
ID:0/005 SetupConnection…
ID:0/005 Initialzation…
ID:0/005 Get PIT for mapping…
ID:0/005 Firmware update start…
ID:0/005 NAND Write Start!!
ID:0/005 SingleDownload.
ID:0/005 recovery.img
ID:0/005 FAIL! (Auth)
ID:0/005
ID:0/005 Complete(Write) operation failed.
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

So I’m all out of options now so I will have to admin defeat and just wait for eOS phones to be available in Australia.

Thanks for you help, I really appreciate your efforts mate :slight_smile:

@Miraceti, from my point of view, there is one enjoyable option: Buy online in Europe a smartphone with a /e/ OS, for example a Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE International - "klte" (SM-G900F).

The shipping costs are about AUD 22.00 Australian Dollar (e. g. from Germany to Australia). Some paperwork is necessary because of the customs (duty / customs declaration, etc.), but with good will it is easy to do.

According to my information there are three network operators in Australia: Optus, Vodafone Hutchison and Telstra. The most common radio frequencies in Australia are 900 and 1800 MHz (LTE G4 network frequencies).

The SM-G900F knows these and more LTE G4 network frequencies: [4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)]

Of course it is also possible to purchase another device from the /e/ Smartphones list …

Let’s start from the beginning, sometimes it’s better. So do not hesitate to do a factory reset of the stock ROM to start from scratch.

If you are sure your phone model is SM-G900V, download TWRP with this link. (With Odin it has to be the .tar file and not the .img)

Follow this tutorial :

That sounds like an excellent idea however according to the e.foundation site the e.foundation will not ship phones to Australia and they don’t seem to have S5 LTE phones available. Is their site information not up to date? Do they sell European G900F S5 phones?

Premium refurbished” smartphones with /e/ pre-loaded are currently only the four Samsung models Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge and Galaxy S9 / S9+ With the best will in the world, I cannot imagine that a Galaxy S5 would ever be accepted into this illustrious circle.

The fact that a shipment is currently only made within Europe has certainly something to do with the much greater administrative burden.

In the European Union (EU) there are no borders, no import duties, no declaration of goods and the like. A mutual exchange of goods is possible almost without any restrictions. The shipping of smartphones is only a matter of shipping costs, which vary from country to country.

As a private person and great supporter of /e/ philosophy and /e/ volution I can help you with the purchase of Smartphones with pre-installed /e/ OS ROM. Read more in my PM.

Hi Archie,
Sorry I was half asleep when I answered previously.
Thanks very much for your excellent idea, I’d very much like to discuss it further with you.

Thanks again

Have fun playing … @Miraceti. Welcome to the /e/ club.

hello. can you please tell me how u unlock your galaxy s5 emmc 11. ive been try to unlock them for years. thanks in advance

Welcome to this forum,

what is the exact model code of your device ?
Check under /settings /about the device.
Something like G900V or S902L ?

I’am not very comfortable in English, but
I found this very long thread about your specific S5 with emmc 11. Read attentively, it may help you, but only do manipulation if you understand well

Please give us some feedback.

thank you. i have a g900v verizon

i really just want to know how the guy unlock his emmc 11 verizon