I am trying to unlock the bootloader and I have the code for for it. Unfortunately when I decide to allow the bootloader to be unlocked on the FP3 it ask for the pin and then normaly the code that I got from the FP site. Well never ask for the code and I can not unlock it and it is connected to the internet.
I follow this:
Warning : Keep in mind that unlocking the bootloader will delete the data on your phone, so make a backup first if necessary.
- Enable developper options in
Settings > About phone > Build number, tap on it 7 times
- Go to
Settings > System > Advanced > Developper options > OEM unlockingand enable it. This will require you to input your pin / code / pattern.
- Connect your FP3 with a USB-C cable to your computer, and enable USB debugging in the phone developper options. Authorize the connection to the computer in the popup that appears.
- Open a command window in your platform-tools directory, and check that your phone is detected with the command
adb devices. If you are using Windows, adding
./at the start your commands might be necessary for it to work. It would look like
- If your FP3 is on, use the command
adb reboot bootloaderto put it in fastboot mode. If it is off, another way is to press the
- Unlock the bootloader with the command
fastboot flashing unlock. Now, when in Fastboot Mode, your phone should display in red on the last text line DEVICE STATE - unlocked.
You can now flash the original Fairphone OS. However, before you do this, may I suggest you try doing a clean flash of /e/ ? This might solve the problem, if it isn’t hardware-related.
It did not unlock the device and this NEVER happens
Settings > System > Advanced > Developper options > OEM unlocking and enable it. This will require you to input your pin / code / pattern, it ask for the code but never follows up with the code that I had to get