EDIT 13th April 2020: Firmware v9.0.11 available
EDIT 4th November 2019: New firmware (v 9.0.9) is required as of the OTA from today to circumvent “Error 7”. Flashable (TWRP) firmware ZIPs of 9.0.9 firmware can be found on below link (inside flashing instructions).
EDIT Switched from daily ota to weekly ota updates. Build is actively used on my main device meanwhile.
EDIT 14th August 2019: New firmware (v 9.0.8) is required as of the OTA from 4th August 2019 onwards. OTA will fail until you update firmware. If you initially flash latest Pi/e/ ROM then you need to flash the latest 9.0.8 firmware first. Flashable (TWRP) firmware ZIPs of 9.0.8 firmware can be found on below link (inside flashing instructions).
EDIT 30th July 2019: New firmware (v 9.0.7) is required as of the OTA from 28th July 2019 onwards. OTA will fail until you update firmware. If you initially flash latest Pi/e/ ROM then you need to flash the latest 9.0.7 firmware first. Flashable (TWRP) firmware ZIPs of 9.0.7 firmware can be found on below link (inside flashing instructions).
As some of you may be aware we are testing out the upgrade of our source code to Pie.
As part of that effort we have a Pi/e/ ROM for the OnePlus 5 - “cheeseburger”. It receives
daily weekly OTAs. Please note this build has not been tested extensively and is a WIP so far.
In case any one wants to test the build you can download it from the link given below.
Before you proceed with the flashing and testing please read the warning given below very carefully
- Please note this is a test build.
- Please take a backup of your data before your proceed.
- In some devices we have noticed that return to Oreo or Nougat builds after flashing the Pi/e/ ROM is not possible
If you are Ok with these warnings then you can download the Pi/e/ image for the OnePlus 5 - “cheeseburger” from here: https://eota.digitalkr.am/builds/full/cheeseburger/, use latest file for initial installation
Feedback and comments welcome.
Update: Please update firmware before flashing else you can end up with error 7.
- I downloaded the full stock Pie Rom from oneplus.net - OnePlus 5 suport page and extracted the firmware files (Version 9.0.6 at that time, EDIT end of July: 9.0.7) and wrapped them up in a flashable zip . This needs to be flashed first (you can do it in the same “recovery session”).
- If you don’t want to do the extract on your own you can download my flashable zip from here https://ecloud.global/s/Dtt7YXJ3ByCB6Xs as well, its name is 906-firmware-cheeseburger.zip.
- In case someone lacks the trust to flash firmware from random sources (as I do) I’ll do a follow-up post on howto verify my zip or create your own from the full ROM.