[GSI] Q-GSI --- new version download location. See post 73

I dont have any issue regarding Volte on Lineage os or other roms.on E even the settings are missing adding the volte/vowifi build.prop lines didnt help.

I only know from a lot of posts here and on telegram groups that a lot of different devices and eOS version does have issues with volte

@harvey186 is there a way to have the calander app icon show current date as happens in official/e/? On your gsi version I’m using it only shows the date as 7 everyday.

No, sorry, I think it’s a Bliss Launcher feature. You can try with Bliss, it’s available at f-droid

Oh OK, I’ll just stick with Total launcher for now.

I’ve made a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) A320FL GSI Treble capable. At the moment it runs with an unofficial LOS 17.1 GSI-ROM.

@harvey186, is an updated eOS-17.1-202010*.img.xz Oct. or Nov. 2020 build planned?

yes, but since Wednesday all my builds aren’t booting anymore and I don’t know why. :sob: :sob: :sob:
I’m trying to solve the issue all the day.

Oh, just like that out of the blue?

from one build to the next … no booting. It’s really stupid.

Hello.

Could you explain how you did, please? Mine is in standby, because I encountered problems with recovery, repatitionner, system installation… so I flashed stock ROM.

Well, I was surprised to read about you:

My A3 2017 SM-A320FL (Exynos 7870 arm64) definitely has an A-Only system partition and was flashed with a corresponding image. Please check it again with Treble Compatibility Checking App ‘Treble Check’.

For my part, it is planned to share my experiences with Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 SM-A320FL and @harvey186’s [GSI] Q-GSI build 10/11/12/ 2020 here in this /e/forum.

1 Like

Hi, I’m wondering whether the Q-gsi version would work on my Galaxy Tab A (sm-t580)? ,I currently have Xtendend android 10 running

At first sight it does not look bad at all! Why? Because clever minds have already dealt with it.

It could work on this basis: [Project Treble] [SM-T580] [gtaxlwifi]

Thankss @SuzieQ it seems they only tried using android 9 treble ROMs and I don’t want to take a risk with the Q gsi if untried as the tablet I use daily

Normally Q GSI will work with pie vendor firmware.
I’m using a treblized Mi5s Plus with Android 9 vendor firmware. And I can run Android 9, 10 and 11 GSI successful

So @harvey186 would I still need to install the treble zip in the link @SuzieQ provided to try your Q- gsi on the T-580 ?

I think yes, but I’m not sure. Better asking in the XDA post

good news, found the issue. So I can go ahead with building Q-GSI with newest MicroG (it’s included the tracking api :wink: )

@Sean, your question speaks volumes.

Please check your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) SM-T580 (Wi-Fi only) which was released in May 2016 with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and is working with Stock Android Oreo 8.1.0 since 2018.

The ‘Treble Check’ tells you if your Device is “Project Treble ready” and if so, which CPU architecture and which System partition structure (A/B, A-only) is available.

If the Treble (GSI) requirements are not met, you will have to use external tools.

@harvey186,
Yes, that is very gratifying. Congratulations on finding the bug. But I did not expect anything else from you. And you also jump over your shadow and integrate Marvin Wißfeld’s “devil tool”. That is extremely noteworthy. It’s simply user-friendly in view of what’s going on in the world right now with Covid-19.

By the way: The “tracking api” is only activated when the user wants it to be activated, otherwise it remains switched OFF by default,

1 Like