[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (zeroltexx)

Yeah @jpirie, I use the whole Simple Mobile Tools Suite, so also the Simple Dialer. However, I don’t get the apps from the G-Play-Store but from F-Droid.

In addition, I’ve deactivated the pre-installed TeleService aka ‘com.android.phone’ at system level. The same applies to the SMS Message app aka ‘foundation.e.message’.

The phone dialer also is buggy on my phone in this v.14 build, so it’s not your device that is at fault.

I hesitate between reverting to the previous build or using the simple dialer too.

Slaps head :slight_smile: Imaging thinking you didn’t understand what simple dialer was :slight_smile:
Sorry, I’m not paying attention, of course you all do!
I’m the one who needs the help remember :wink:
So, in actual fact, the built in dialer/phone app provides me with the information I require to track my telephone calls. Although I get very few they are mostly all work related and I need to know when I was called to make up a time-claim at the end of the month. Is there an absolute need to disable it or can I run them in tandem the way they are at the moment without causing any issues?
As things stand, I can make and receive calls via simple dialer and then retrieve the time information via the phone app and all is (sort of) well
I also get my apps from FDroid where I can and only when that fails to provide the app I need, do I move out to the built in Apps store and, finally, aurora store.
J

Hi @Bryophytae,
I was not able to revert, well, I couldn’t get past the security login/fingerprint sensor after re flashing V13. I had previously experienced such things when initially jumping from the official build to this one where, after flashing the unofficial one based on Android Q my phone would not boot past the bouncing E logo.
I was advised at the time to wipe the phone during the flash process and it would work. It did, but I had to re install all my apps and I didn’t have the time to do that this time so I went back to V14 and installed Simple Dialer. It seems to work as I’ve already explained to @SuzieQ (unnecessarily) so, for now, I’m happy enough with this as a temporary solution.

1 Like

As a Postscript to my previous reply, I wouldn’t know how to uninstall the built in apps so that is something for another day I guess :slight_smile:

A new build for the zeroltexx. Cooked with february security patch and on some updated repos from @enesuzun2002.
Unfortunately this rom isn’t builded with private key’s (yet)
Enjoy…

3 Likes

:soon: That yet in round brackets sounds promising. :boom:

Hello, I am testing the “e-0.15-q-20210220-UNOFFICIAL-zeroltexx” rom.
I find it really great, but there is a big drawback, the applet application keeps stopping in a loop when you want to make a call :frowning:

Greetings @steveoriol. This is a known issue with the default Android dialer that can be solved by installing the Simple Dialer from f-droid. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you very much @mcmd, indeed it works with the “Simple Dialer” application. I had tested “contact +” but it does not work better than the default phone dialer.

After a few days running this build, everything is running quite smoothly, except for the known default android dialer issue.

Echo in call issue is gone :smiley:

Just two minor issues : In dark mode, the contacts app still appears in light mode. The Files app does implement dark mode, but the grey text of the folders still is not very readable against the dark background.

Other than that all good, thanks again @itsclarence

These are known issues and should be solved in the version 15-build.

2 Likes

Hi @itsclarence, when do you expect to release a new version (0.15) for the zeroltexx?

An update on the zeroltexx…

3 Likes

(There was something here, but because @itsclarence worked his magic, it is no longer needed!)

I don’t understand the purpose of your comment.
This topic is about the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (zeroltexx) and @itsclarence has always provided the right links to the rom for this phone.

So I don’t really see the point of your comment.
You can mislead people with your link to the Galaxy S6 zerofltexx rom.

Sincerely,

Hi @DavidB81 I am a tester for @itsclarence for the S6.

Since the 0.16 unofficial build is now available for the EDGE the “point” is a jovial way of expressing that I keep hitting the refresh key on his S6 folder at AndroidFileHost eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Given your warning and mine, I’m reasonably certain people will be able to correctly discern the difference.

ok, I didn’t understand it like that because the image doesn’t show.
So it’s clearer for everyone.

I modified my comment.
Thanks for your work.

Well @DavidB81 the thanks all go to @itsclarence for his marvelous work! but I appreciate the thought.

And now that 0.16 has been released by him for the S6, I will be updating my post above deleting the S6 link so as to avoid any possible future misunderstandings.

Have a great day and best regards! :beer:

Thank you for taking the time to update this build ! Have a great day :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: